• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Servicing

Danger200

Weren't really sure where to post this.

Basically my car has allways been serviced by Honda, but just before I bought it the owners serviced it at a local garage. It does have FSH but I don't know whether to go back to Honda or to just get my local garage to service it as they are £100 cheaper.
Would this affect re-sale by much as I could advertise as FHSH (bar one service)? I will say that it is due is first major service.

Any thoughts on this?

It depends on the buyer I would say, Most of us know that you get the exact same service from a Honda garage or any other garage. As long as it has been serviced it doesn't bother me.

But some people like the vehicle to be serviced by Honda and only Honda. I'm sure if we were in the market purchasing a car, and there were two identical mileage civic's one with FHSH and one without, you would go and see the FHSH first.

Yeah that's it FHSH does look better on paper. Bugger, looks like I will be forking out the £300 then :rolleyes:

Cheers though mate

I do my servicing myself with some help from a friend. I just keep a copy of receipts in a folder and put the mileage at the time of change on the opie oils invoice :)

It's not a stamp but as a car enthusiast i'd like to give buyers the impression that i cared about the car

Yeah that's it FHSH does look better on paper. Bugger, looks like I will be forking out the £300 then :rolleyes:

Cheers though mate

Ask them for their best price, its easy to get £50 or more knocked off.

Mine should have been £315 for the 48k service and I got it for £250 all in.

Nice to have a stash of Honda receipts in the owners book. :cool:

I do my servicing myself with some help from a friend. I just keep a copy of receipts in a folder and put the mileage at the time of change on the opie oils invoice :)

It's not a stamp but as a car enthusiast i'd like to give buyers the impression that i cared about the car

Well that's the thing, I could easily service it myself as I can do the basic stuff. But if I were to go that route, I can allways slip my mate a tenner to stamp the book as he works in a Ford stealership.

Ask them for their best price, its easy to get £50 or more knocked off.

Mine should have been £315 for the 48k service and I got it for £250 all in.

Nice to have a stash of Honda receipts in the owners book. :cool:

Oh really? She was banging on about some sort of Honda 12 month warrantee or something but I sort of stopped listening after she said £317 for the service

Back