• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

shell V Power

for a high performance engine you shouldnt hesitate to use vpower or ultimate as higher octane = higher performance..but dont expect immediate results. it has to run through yer engine for a few tanks i believe but aye u get more mpg but u pay more so cost wise it works out about the same as the crap stuff if u talkin long term plus it burns cleaner and thus keeps the engine in better shape...from what i hear the stuff they use in japan is all round about 98-100 octane level..... think of fuel in same respect as alcohol...most people just drink beer and alcopops which is ok and will get u ****ed eventually but tan a bottle of jack d or vodka and u get utterly smashed although a little more expensive

I use it all the time in the DC5, Either that or Tesco 99 Ron if I can not get to a shell garage.

Christ, I put £50 every 3 days for the last year and not a single toy - I think this is a mythical Type R pen/tray toy ;)
They are on display by the counters of all shells I have visited recently, You should ask for one!!

http://www.shell.com/home/content/uk-en/shell_for_motorists/velocita_060308.html

Collect a different Ferrari model car every time you fill up

Between now and 7 May 2008 we’re giving away an official Ferrari scale model car with every 30 litre fill-up of Shell V-Power. You can also claim a Ferrari with 4 litre packs of Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 or 5 litre packs of Shell Helix Plus or Shell Helix Super.

There are six different Ferrari model cars to collect: Ferrari Formula One 2005*, 360 Spider, F430, F50, Enzo and Superamerica, a display of stunning performance and brilliant design.

If you’re not filling up with Shell V-Power or Shell Helix Motor oil you don’t have to miss out. For just £1.99 you can buy an official model Ferrari car and start to collect the whole set.

I filled up on saturday and couldn't see any in the shop...

I'll go to a different station later on this week, gonna go for the 430 first...

Yeah for your car to gt used to the v-power you need to run a few tanks through it forthe ecu to adjust completely. Or simply run a tank trough, then fill up and take thebattery lead off for a bit :rolleyes: and give it some beans. I did this after getting my car, owned by an old man. Much more responsive after :D

i know v-power and ultimate are different petrols but will it affect my engine in any way if say i filled it up with v-power then using 3 quaters of the tank den filling it with ultimate? i do a lot of motorway journeys so i tend to fill up wen i get past 3 quaters of the tank, and also cant be botherd to ONLY go looking for a specific petrol garage (lazy me).

i know v-power and ultimate are different petrols but will it affect my engine in any way if say i filled it up with v-power then using 3 quarters of the tank then filling it with ultimate? i do a lot of motorway journeys so i tend to fill up wen i get past 3 quarters of the tank, and also can't be bothered to ONLY go looking for a specific petrol garage (lazy me).

will it affect my engine in any way if say i filled it up with v-power then using 3 quarters of the tank then filling it with ultimate? i do a lot of motorway journeys so i tend to fill up wen i get past 3 quarters of the tank, and also can't be bothered to ONLY go looking for a specific petrol garage (lazy me).

No it won't make a difference.

V-Power

I agree using V-Power long term is more mpg efficient, + all the membership bonus stuff helps soften the cost factor lol

I just bought my ctr about 2 weeks ago and the previous owner used 97 and 98 ron petrol. I couldn't find that in my area so I now use V-Power it is expensive at 1.15p but I have found it is really good mpg wise I think my last car (polo gti) drank more than my ctr. I supose I do drive it really ecomonically until I get the urge to stick my toe in ha ha.

I just bought my ctr about 2 weeks ago and the previous owner used 97 and 98 ron petrol. I couldn't find that in my area so I now use V-Power it is expensive at 1.15p but I have found it is really good mpg wise I think my last car (polo gti) drank more than my ctr. I supose I do drive it really ecomonically until I get the urge to stick my toe in ha ha.

Did you have the square headlight polo gti or the new one?

Interested to know what you think of them in terms of performance. Not that I'm going to get one, but I always wondered what the square headlight polo GTI (I think 6N2?) would be like to drive.

Ron 98 for the win, was some discussion going on about fuel on other forums as well. All High reving engines with more or less 200bhp should be given Ron 98. Been proven over and over that you will get serious gains from it as well.
On older type R it's even mentioned in your manual while the CTR can take 95 but it will run better on ron 98.

My own car didn't wanna go passed 220 all to much when I just got it and it had always been given ron95..got it on ron98 for a good 2500km now and it now revs to top speed again ! Happy me.

For your info all on the dutch forums use ron 98 at least, BP ultimate mostly and it costs 1.64 Euro per liter about at the moment. If you drive a fast car just accept it, spending mods to gain power and not putting the best oil and fuel in is just plain stupid.... and otherwise buy a diesel init !

Back