• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shipping prices

J7

Just enquired about a front bumper from Takakaira. Bumper cost was £455 and shipping was £500 :shock: Does this seem right?

Thought it was a bit steep my self.

J7 said:
Just enquired about a front bumper from Takakaira. Bumper cost was £455 and shipping was £500 :shock: Does this seem right?

Thought it was a bit steep my self.

wow thats a lot bloody hell mate :shock:

thats pretty "normal" unfortuantely :cry:

i've enquired about a few parts but like yourself, the shipping charge is almost the same price as the goods.

What was the shipping for ie how it was being delivered :?:

You could probably get it cheaper if you were prepared to wait and put it on the slow boat, its probably due to the size of what the package will be once its all wrapped etc..

What type of bumper was it, would it not be worth having alook for a UK supplier

Carl

N77 said:
What type of bumper was it, would it not be worth having alook for a UK supplier
Carl

It was a 'Top Secret' bumper. Unfortunately i dont think there is any uk suppliers.

Got some prices coming on INGS and J's stuff from uk suppliers so hopefully get something. When i had my EP3 was loads of places you could get good copies or cheapish body parts. Everything for the S seems to be $$$$$ :roll:

That is pretty high, but what sort of transport was it?

You could get it sent over on a boat (approx 30 days), via what's called LCL (Less Than Container Load). What the shipping companies normally do is bring hundereds of 20' and 40' containers over, packed with stuff. But if somebody wants to ship something small they share a container between lots of customers and charge less. This is what they call LCL.

Worth asking maybe?

Just checked and it was Airfreight.

Might ask them to reprice for ship, and see what the difference is.

J7 said:
N77 said:
Carl

It was a 'Top Secret' bumper. Unfortunately i dont think there is any uk suppliers.
GT-Culture are Top Secret suppliers in UK but they charge the earth

Cheers Trung.

Looks like i may be in luck now. ImpulseD2 has just got back to me with some very good prices on Ings stuff :smt023

8) All sorted now. Kenny at impulse was able to source Top secret for me. Wanted a smooth looking front end, not to keen on anything mad. Reckon it will look sweet in black. Just go to wait 8-9 weeks for it.

1.jpg

J7 said:
8) All sorted now. Kenny at impulse was able to source Top secret for me. Wanted a smooth looking front end, not to keen on anything mad. Reckon it will look sweet in black. Just go to wait 8-9 weeks for it.

1.jpg

Super nice man, can't wait to see it in the flesh 8)

8) Top news Kenny form impulse has just rung to say he's recieved a big box from Top Secret four weeks early.

Should be here Monday!!

Back