• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Short term insurance?

im after short term insurance, preferably 7 days, although a day would do.
im under 25 and Its for a ctr. i've spent the last hour unsuccessfully trawling through companies online, geting turned down for a)Being under 25, b)It Being a ctr.

problem is, i turn 25 in two weeks, and dont want to take out my annual insurance yet as the difference between now and then is £150. :evil:

so literally want temp cover to just get the thing home!
anybody know/ dealt with a company that suits my needs?

thanks in advance:)

its solid, i couldnt find a single company to give me insurance for a short term amount of time on the CTR so i just took the crunch although when this policy runs out the CTR will be retired to the garage to be modded and kept off of the road for two months modded and ** be 25 :) then she will be insured cheaper

I bought short term insurance when I picked up my DC2, was 21 quid for 24 hours.

all the temporary insurance companies i think are under the same umbrella group. some bright spark bought about 5 similar domains up and they all have the same quoting system and the prices are pretty much identical. dayinsure.com were one of the first, back in the day it was about £10 a day, then went upto £20, now it is upto £35 depending on the vehicle. the problem is they also have strict critera on age or type of car so as you have found out if you don't meet the grade on one it is doubtful you will on any of them.

what you might have to do is first of all call up your existing insurance company and get them to add the vehicle temporarily for however many days. if they are reluctant to do this as its "your car" you will have to say that it is not your car, you are getting insured on your partners car for a week whilst yours is in the garage. fill in the green tear off part of the V5 with girlfriends name so incase you are pulled by police the story checks out.

another alternative is a friend or family member over 25, it might work out cheaper and easier for them to add that car to their policy for just 1 night and they can drive it home.

Back