• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Should I be disappointed?

Just had KPRO fitted to add to the list of mods in my sig.

Made 237bhp at the fly and 176lb/ft. Think Paul said it was 196 at the wheels but I can't remember.

Was I aiming my sights too high for 200 @ wheels / 240-245 at the fly with my mods? Or is something amiss?

I wouldn't be that downhearted. That sounds about right for the mods... 200bhp + or - a few.

Although it's probably that mental 200 barrier that you wanna break, so I can imagine the slight disappointment when the figure still starts with a 1.

Ultim8_Evil said:
Just had KPRO fitted to add to the list of mods in my sig.

Made 237bhp at the fly and 176lb/ft. Think Paul said it was 196 at the wheels but I can't remember.

Was I aiming my sights too high for 200 @ wheels / 240-245 at the fly with my mods? Or is something amiss?

Things will be getting expensive from now on if you want to stay NA and up the BHP. You can always try a different Airbox or go without a cat to get that extra 4whp you're after. 8)

adelphi said:
Things will be getting expensive from now on if you want to stay NA and up the BHP. You can always try a different Airbox or go without a cat to get that extra 4whp you're after. 8)

He already has no cat though

Carl

N77 said:
adelphi said:

Carl

I see. In that case, I would suggest something different. I know this is unorthodox but maybe a change of oil type could help and maybe using a higher fuel RON. I've been doing some reading and apparently changing the viscocity of oil could affect bhp. 8)

adelphi said:
N77 said:
adelphi said:

Carl

I see. In that case, I would suggest something different. I know this is unorthodox but maybe a change of oil type could help and maybe using a higher fuel RON. I've been doing some reading and apparently changing the viscocity of oil could affect bhp. 8)

Use either 99 ROn Tesco super or Shell V-Power... apart from 102 RON £2 per litre BP Race fuel, there's no better fuels to try :D

Could get a bit of octane booster tho I suppose.

It's stupid... I really shouldn't care! Car is totally transformed and pulls like a freight train 8)

I've got AEM cia, DC Race headers, Spoon system, Hondata heatshield gasket and KPro, and have made 198WBHP.
I think everyone with simmilar mods makes round about the same power, So dont be put off!!, as you said having Kpro and getting it mapped properly, transforms the car anyway.

If you stick in octane booster, you might be able to advance the ignition enough to break the 200 mark... Just for the Dyno sheet/bragging rights.

But unless you wanna add it at every fill up, it would need retarding to stop det.

Or what about, a Leaf Blower :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you wanted 200wBHP but why are you chasing a peak power figure? After all it really is only the peak figure and offers nothing other than boasting rights IMO It is only experienced for a very short period before you change gear. Mid-range is really where you want to see a substantial increase in power.

CTR said:
I know you wanted 200wBHP but why are you chasing a peak power figure? After all it really is only the peak figure and offers nothing other than boasting rights IMO It is only experienced for a very short period before you change gear. Mid-range is really where you want to see a substantial increase in power.

All very well coming from someone who's got a car coming with an everest sized chunk of torque, but yeah what Liam said^^^^^ :lol:

Actually, after the Yorkshire meet and having the opportunity to really test me and my car, I'm more than happy with it :D :twisted:

Despite having nailed 3rd gear for most of the day, I've just got the best mileage to a tank that I've ever had. Thank you KPRO!

HASNIC said:
All very well coming from someone who's got a car coming with an everest sized chunk of torque, but yeah what Liam said^^^^^ :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Back