• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 should I buy this...... PLEASE HELP

There's a really nice 2007 civic type r gt FN2 for sale in black with 19'' rage alloys.... Problem is that its a cat c...... Car only has 52k mileage (which is genuine I checked) and is generally in good condition... The damage was caused back in 2010 and has been fully vic checked, but has no service history (like most damaged repaired cars) but I will ring honda and check if they have any record on monday......... The price of the car is £4,200 which seems very cheap.... What do you guys think I should do.... Seller says it was rear quarter damage.... Only thing putting me off is when I drove the car the steering wheel is slightly to the right when driving straight.... And abs brake light is on... Is that an indict there has been chassis damage? Seller said all it needs is a abs sensor and tracking? Any help much appreciated is 4,200 a decent pe as you would never know by looking at it that its been damaged. Thanks

£4200 is very cheap but If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. I'd look elsewhere personally.

My guessing with the steering wheel being off centre and the fact it is a cat C it will have had the steering wheel replaced. Probably damaged in the incident, by the airbag going off or the person hitting it.

The repairer probably didn't put the wheel back on straight. Yes you can track it up but it will always have the tendency to want to wonder to one side, as the racks are progressive and by tracking the wheel straight, the rack won't be centred. It'll be a longer job to do it properly, check the rack is centred and take off and refit the wheel.

ABS is probably the sensor, if you are unlucky it's the wiring, if you are very unlucky it's the module. Light being on, probably means the ABS system isn't working and bearing in mind its coming up to winter, that's not a good thing.

I'm guessing the car got repaired, the first owner since it got put back on the road found loads of issues and either p/x'd it to where it's advertised now or is the person who's advertising it.

It's not been repaired to a good standard and they're getting shut rather than have to spend the money on repairing it properly as there will be more wrong with than what you've noticed so far. Things that have developed since the repair was done in 2010.

It might seem cheap now but it will be equally cheap when you come to punt it on in the future having pumped money into it.

Leave the car to rot to be honest. If that's all your budget will allow buy an honest facelift EP3.

I've drove it.... I can vouch for the engine and gearbox.... Just the brakes are shobby as abs is disabled, car looks totally clean and uunder the hood no sign of frontal damage, I'm just cautious because of the price but it is a friend of a friend, and it is not avertised as he needs the money... Would also it having 5 previous owners put you off? As I'm thinking if I brought it and got a fresh service book from honda (stamped until they last serviced it) and sorted out the brakes etc it would be a nice cheap buy

My car is a 2007 and only had the 1st service done at Honda, so I wouldn't put too much hope in getting a book stamped.

Also it was repaired in 2010 and it's not been serviced (no history) since? Steer clear bud.

An owner a year, and accident damaged. That would put me off instantly. If it were me, as Loxy said, buy an EP3.

I've already had an ep3 think the actual quality of the car is rubbish.... Performance is great but the fn2 is in a different league when it comes to quality and refinement

Don't think I'll be buying this car.... But just thought I'd let you guys know I rang up honda today.... Said the only history they have on the car is 1 service back in 08 at 15k (was meant to be brought back on 12.5k) and 1 service in 2010 at 35k.. Got the guy to 4k do you think its worth a punt? How much are these cars worth in bits?

If you thinking of buying to break it, you have to weigh up the pro's and con's. It would make money in the long run, but you could be sat with half a car for a very long time.

There are loads of EP3's being broken. This is something I have looked at myself, as the EP3 has dropped in value so much that self repair is more beneficial than going through your insurance. The FN2 is still holding its value, so people are more inclined to let their insurance companies sort out major repairs.

Have a look on eBay, at the FN2's being broken, there isn't many on there, then have a look at how much parts are being sold for, then decide if it's worth the time and effort, then think about storage. Have you got room to keep half a car.

Back