• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Should I buy?

i would reiterate my earlier statement that if you are patient you will get someone who is in a rush to sell for whatever reason you will be able to pick up a clean example, eg a 2002 with around 80k for £3000. potentially it might have even had the clutch changed.

if he's in a rush to sell offer him £2k. "motorway miles" that old chestnut. followed by "mot tester commented how clean it is underneath".

Noone seems to be asking sensible money to be honest. And when doing car valuations they're twice what they should be. Need a real car already lol. I have been looking for 2 months straight before joining here and other forums :(.

Advert doesn't seem pushy or misleading though, not much to say about it in the listing other than the first to see will buy because of how immaculate it is... hmmm, only after a lengthy phone conversation had he mentioned that and genuinely seems a much better guy to deal with than the other dumb chavs i've came across that have definately ragged the hell out of them :).

The milage would be a problem when it comes to selling it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'd get a decent one with fairly high mileage (90k+) for 3.5k.

Just for reference, I paid £3600 for a 2003 EP3, 100k on the clock and FHSH in April.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Seller has came back to me saying that there has never been any work other than general maintenance service carried out and that the clutch has never been replaced. The bushes have never been changed either but he notes there are no funny noises from the steering/clutch or suspension.

So, if its done this many miles... on its original clutch, is this a testament to how it has been driven? Bushes will deterioate with age, I understand and have mentioned that both bushes and clutch will probably need replacing shortly so will see if he's willing to budge.

My 52 plate also had 8 owners when I bought it, but was fully stamped and was clean as a whilstle. 3years and 35,000 miles later it's still in great condition and has never let me down, but I don't pay for servicing anymore as I do it myself more regularly. It's also black......but sadly I'm not selling it lol.

i've had a thought. cars tend to sell for less on ebay when being advertised in auction format. you should be able to pick up a decent one on ebay for £500-1000 cheaper than actual value so that could bring decent motors into your budget.

if you have a perfect ebay account with loads of 100% feedback then create a fresh account for bidding and then you can buy blind, if the car is no good when you go to pick it up then it doesn't matter if they give you neutral feedback or report you as non payer.

if you have a perfect ebay account with loads of 100% feedback then create a fresh account for bidding and then you can buy blind, if the car is no good when you go to pick it up then it doesn't matter if they give you neutral feedback or report you as non payer.
:lol:

Back