• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

should i go spoon??

i disagre mate but each to there own

I'll second Dotty. I've got a Spoon B pipe and N1 and it's quite tollerable. You will notice it quite a bit over OEM, but isn't this the whole point?

If you find it's too loud for every day driving, then the N1 bung takes a lot of the bassy note out and it sounds a lot quieter in the cabin.

fitted mine monday. finally got to drive today after the snow.
its very loud on start up in my garage, loud when driving around in traffic, real boomy in car on motorway until u reach 65 then gets better. bung on the way for daily commute.
its awesome:twisted: girlfriend hates it though.
if u dont want loud, dont go spoon!

ok not an civic but im guessing the sound will be about the same on a DC5 anyone had the following combo...

DC Sport Mani - Spoon b pipe - Std backbox??

DC Sport Mani - Spoon b pipe - Std backbox??

Should be deeper but not as loud as having the N1 on the back also.

I'm have a new exhaust system in a few weeks, but i'm keeping the OEM box as it's good for up to 300bhp and I want to keep noise to a minimum.

Should be deeper but not as loud as having the N1 on the back also.

I'm have a new exhaust system in a few weeks, but i'm keeping the OEM box as it's good for up to 300bhp and I want to keep noise to a minimum.

yeah my thoughts exactly, dont really want the wrong attention just the gains please + a bit mental on full blat

having to send it back because they sent the wrong one, the sent the spoon n1 for the dc5 not the ep3 and they wont have any in for the ep3 for 4weeks:evil: :(

Hiya peeps,

Just heeded your advice and shelled out £250 on ebay for an N1. It better be in good nic for that!!

Are they easy to fit? I've read that the existing gasket should be OK to re-use but I should get new bolts from the dealer.

What do you guys think? Could I just get similar bolts from Halfords, etc? Not looked under the car yet so I don't know what they look like!? :confused:

Cheers.

piece of p!ss to fit mate only 2 bolts holding it on, they may be rusted up tho, also some washing up liquid would be good to get it off the rubber hangers

piece of p!ss to fit mate only 2 bolts holding it on, they may be rusted up tho, also some washing up liquid would be good to get it off the rubber hangers
Cracking, cheers for the info!!

[video=youtube;OigJe8Ej0ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OigJe8Ej0ac[/video]

Fitted!! :twisted: Damn its loud!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old thread but to those who are saying the Spoon N1 is very loud, is that with the standard mid pipe and manifold or with an alternative mid pipe and manifold?

I am thinking of getting a Spoon N1 with everything else standard as the standard back box is just way too quiet. I don't want to go super loud and chavy if the Spoon N1 will do this everything else standard.

Just buy one second hand, if you don't like it you'll get your money back when you sell it on.

Exhausts are a very personal thing and very much like women. One man's Cheryl Cole is another man's Susan Boyle...

I know this is an old thread but to those who are saying the Spoon N1 is very loud, is that with the standard mid pipe and manifold or with an alternative mid pipe and manifold?

I am thinking of getting a Spoon N1 with everything else standard as the standard back box is just way too quiet. I don't want to go super loud and chavy if the Spoon N1 will do this everything else standard.

As long as you have OEM Mid pipe, Spoon won't be that loud, but OEM pipe is too restrictive so might as well get Spoon mid pipe if you are after gains. :)

Spoon N1, will be loud if it mate with Unsilenced mid pipe.

But yeah, as long as you have OEM Mani, OEM mid pipe that won't be that loud. :)

As long as you have OEM Mid pipe, Spoon won't be that loud, but OEM pipe is too restrictive so might as well get Spoon mid pipe if you are after gains. :)

Spoon N1, will be loud if it mate with Unsilenced mid pipe.

But yeah, as long as you have OEM Mani, OEM mid pipe that won't be that loud. :)

Thank you. With OEM mid pipe and manifold, will the Spoon produce that lovely raspy tone that Honda's are famous for?

Thank you. With OEM mid pipe and manifold, will the Spoon produce that lovely raspy tone that Honda's are famous for?

See vid above, that's with OEM B-pipe and header taken before I put the Spoon B-pipe on.

Nope it won't mate, the unsilenced mid pipe will give the raspy note, but it'll be too loud with N1.

Thought i'd jump into this thread too. mine's currently running piper manifold,sports cat unsilenced b pipe with OE back box and to be honest it sounds a little
crap. Only back box style i like is the N1 as i really hate ott rear silencer's from hks buddy club etc. I think it could be extremely loud with the N1 but i do feel the OE is restricting the flow.

Back