• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Show me your creaminess!

If you're concerned, you will be bothered without a doubt. Champ white is a horrid cream colour at least 50 percent of the time. I thought i wanted white, i know white is the type r jap colour...... but it's cream sooooo cream. I wanted white to look amazing but i think any other colour is better (even sonic grey). It's already been said honda photo shop their pics and make it look frozen white (even they hate the cream)

Rubbish go with the white, it's gorgeous when clean, hides paint swirls and stone chips, contrasts with the black vents and red calipers beautifully and so what if in some lights it looks like the top of a frothy coffee....!

They only look cream in certain light and under snow, any other time they look crisp white.

Champ whites have always been popular and usually for JDM or special editions, there's also a reason for the colour so I can't see Honda hating it ;)

Colour choice is a matter of opinion. Personally there was really only one colour for me and that was CW - it is Honda’s racing colour after all and imo really suits the car more so than the other colours available.

I had one of the first EK9's in the country and loved it in white with white wheels, just doesn't look as good on the FK8, you need the wheels white and the aero all white too, I think then it would look great. Saw one in Red and thought it looked awesome, I went for Polished metal as think it hides some of the ugly features better than the other colours.

...Has anyone got a white type R in the north west I could have a look at? ....
Should be a few dealers around that way, probably worth calling around to see if any has one in. I did about 200 miles to look at all the colours and took pictures too to remind me.

If you're concerned, you will be bothered without a doubt. Champ white is a horrid cream colour at least 50 percent of the time. I thought i wanted white, i know white is the type r jap colour...... but it's cream sooooo cream. I wanted white to look amazing but i think any other colour is better (even sonic grey). It's already been said honda photo shop their pics and make it look frozen white (even they hate the cream)

They only look cream in certain light and under snow, any other time they look crisp white.

Champ whites have always been popular and usually for JDM or special editions, there's also a reason for the colour so I can't see Honda hating it ;)

Ady sums up the general feeling with this model I think.
On this occasion it didn't appear to be in as much demand - I put up a post in mid Aug mentioning the pre-orders numbers for each colour, and white had the fewest orders. I think white wheels like the Modulo package would really help to set it off.

On this occasion it didn't appear to be in as much demand - I put up a post in mid Aug mentioning the pre-orders numbers for each colour, and white had the fewest orders. I think white wheels like the Modulo package would really help to set it off.

Makes it the most rare option :wink:

The shade on the Modulo Pack appears to be white as opposed to cream :lol:

gratuitous excuse to show off mine again after it had it's paint protection done before christmas. under the detailers LED lights it was definitely having one of it's 50% white days.

[video=youtube;bBUW6-bn7fE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBUW6-bn7fE[/video]

I'll also throw mine in :lol:

[video=youtube_share;wwHNiuvULWI]https://youtu.be/wwHNiuvULWI[/video]

Thanks so much for the video's - such a weird colour, in the light it is flat white, then if there is any sort of shadow it goes cream. Going to try and have a look at one over the weekend to make my mind up. Thanks for all the replies

I own a 2016 FK2 in championship white.
I think it looks a bit special being a cream white. Next to the newer white cars eg. audi, bmw it just looks classy. The bright whites on the road, imho, look cheap and common.
Be aware though, that the front spoiler is made from a different material than the bonnet, sides etc. You can definitely see a different shade of creaminess between the 2 materials. I hope this helps.
Annie

I saw an Fk2 In champ white yesterday, and thought it looked absolutely awesome so going to go with champ white when time is right to order

Thanks all!

Christ it's creamy. Oh so Creamy.

Tempted to see if they can cover the car with the white protector that is covering the bonnet.

Be interesting to see how it looks with my new shiny bits

25528362217_74749c784d_b.jpg
[/url]type R by mikeharper2, on Flickr[/IMG]

There's no flies on me, but fook there's a whole mother load on the Type R.

So much Creaminess, you'd be forgiven for thinking the little buggers can taste it. maybe it's the gtechniq crystal serum ultra that tastes so good.....or just the colour is too irresistible to your average housefly.

654D481A-BA5F-4D99-AC50-2DFA9E2AF678.jpeg

There's no flies on me, but fook there's a whole mother load on the Type R.

So much Creaminess, you'd be forgiven for thinking the little buggers can taste it. maybe it's the gtechniq crystal serum ultra that tastes so good.....or just the colour is too irresistible to your average housefly.

654D481A-BA5F-4D99-AC50-2DFA9E2AF678.jpeg

For some strange reason, they do it to mine too. Whatever the weather.

Trev

They've been crawling all over the Mrs's Micra too. It's so odd.

Back