• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Silver colour on door grip

Hi guys,
What is the actual colour of the silver on the door grips and on the centre dash? I am looking to respray mine but there are several different type of spray paint silver, such as satin silver, vogue silver, nobel silver and blade silver.

Any ideas?

Cheers

I had a similar query as I was looking into doing the same. I was thinking along the lines of 'Matt Silver' personally (assumption).

In search of perfection, I'm not sure what the actual code/specified colour is - but doing all three, plus the door handles/electric window buttons/lock buttons in any Silver would be similarily effective? As long as all the bits I mentioned are done in the same silver, no?

A guy I meet whilst buying something on CTRO(bay).com had just painted his in Vauxhall vectra silver from halfords, it looked pretty close to the original colour IMO.

A guy I meet whilst buying something on CTRO(bay).com had just painted his in Vauxhall vectra silver from halfords, it looked pretty close to the original colour IMO.

Cheers I'm going to look into this myself. Were there any pictures by any chance?

The OEM colour is called 'Champagne Silver' the code is NH509L. We used to supply parts for the Accord in the same colour at work. IIRC Vauxhall Blade Silver is the closet match you can buy.

The OEM colour is called 'Champagne Silver' the code is NH509L. We used to supply parts for the Accord in the same colour at work. IIRC Vauxhall Blade Silver is the closet match you can buy.

Neily, from your post would it be safe to assume that the Champaigne Silver can't be/be easily sourced?

Out of interest - they probably won't be :rolleyes:; but would it be cheaper/reasonably cheap to just replace the 'grips/handles'?

Edit: Just seen your post K1ngsk1n - cheers :)

Neily, from your post would it be safe to assume that the Champaigne Silver can't be/be easily sourced?

I doubt you'll be able to get hold of it, places like Halfords and even dealers only sell touch ups for exterior paint finishes.

Out of interest - they probably won't be :rolleyes:; but would it be cheaper/reasonably cheap to just replace the 'grips/handles'?

They're £16.42 + VAT each.

RH - 83542-S5S-E11ZE
LH - 83592-S5S-E11ZE

I doubt you'll be able to get hold of it, places like Halfords and even dealers only sell touch ups for exterior paint finishes.

They're £16.42 + VAT each.

RH - 83542-S5S-E11ZE
LH - 83592-S5S-E11ZE

Thanks again man. Spray it is :D

If it were me I'd probably just buy them, I know they're not cheap for what they are (probably coast about £1 to make) but you'll buy them once and that's it. I did 45k miles in my EP3 and they still looked like new so god knows what some people do to theirs....

If it were me I'd probably just buy them, I know they're not cheap for what they are (probably coast about £1 to make) but you'll buy them once and that's it. I did 45k miles in my EP3 and they still looked like new so god knows what some people do to theirs....

I might see how much they are at cost prices from a friend at Honda. In truth, I don't think it's a necessary in my car, but if it's cheap enough to sort out, then why not's, my thinking.

I'll just point out that the pre face lift has a different Silver. That is called Blade silver IIRC.

The face lift is the Champagne Silver.

alright mate, ive actually wrapped mine in a carbon vinyl, look quite good, was just going to suggest trying that as you can have as many goes as you like and the vinyl isnt that much? (although you have probably already done it now this still might help somebody else ha)

Have you got pics of your carbon fibre job? Also, did you just do the door grip or did you vinyl the centre silver console aswell?

i've wrapped my centre console in carbon fibre vinyl, looks like

253af5b0.jpg

couple of creases near the top fans so got some more coming and going to redo it

Back