• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Silver Satin: My First Type R

Had a mess with my mates VTS on private road of course. Nothing in it at all from first all way up to the end of third. Top end of fourth I had to throttle off a few times though sat on his bumper. It's a quick car. Says it feels quicker than his old one which was cammed and mapped. I was probably more comfortable throughout this though lol.

We were wondering, where could we both go and jump on a road and get some print outs, near south yorkshire for a reasonable price? Either the Saxo is running something decent, or mine is running slow, be good to know.

Sounds about right to be honest. TDi-North is just across the M62 from you, they are in Warrington.

They'll normally do a power run with graph for around £50.

They are also very good for mapping and are very knowledgeable and enthusiastic when it comes to Type Rs and mods! :lol:

Cheers for the comments, do think ep3s are lush. Already itching for some more power I think. Not sure if it's worth the insurance though and can't afford much for a couple months now. Is it true an induction/exhaust setup with a map can see 240?

In terms of enjoyment, the gruppe M induction kits everyone has, does this liven up the cam profile switch?

If you got a good intake, good cat-back and a race header with decat and a K100/Kpro with a remap you might see high 230, maybe 240 at the flywheel. This will probably cost you the best part of £2-2.5k including fitting and mapping.

JDM cams and RBC inlet manifold should put you over 240, but more £££ :lol:

GruppeMs do sound savage on Vtec crossover. Tegiwa do a 'similar' intake if you are on a budget. Some people do think the Tegiwa one is better quality.

Some people do think the Tegiwa one is better quality.
Are they mad? The carbon weave on the Gruppe M is in a different league. Also, isn't there some part missing from the Tegiwa kit? I seem to remember something.

Are they mad? The carbon weave on the Gruppe M is in a different league. Also, isn't there some part missing from the Tegiwa kit? I seem to remember something.

You don't get the scuttle panel with the Tegiwa variant.

jdm points are not included either.

:lol:

I've only seen the Tegiwa one once to be fair, and I did say some people, not specifically me, and you can't fake JDM points that is for sure!

Nice, just remember ya mates modded VTS might be as quick up to 80-100, but it's still a saxo, and made of balsa wood, lol.

If you ever get breathing mods/Kpro for your's, ask him for another play. :D

Another ZSOC'er making the ever so popular change.

How are you doing mate?

Are you referring to me with the ZSOC bit, I'm a member there but called something else? Never got around to owning a ZS either.

Grov i'd agree, better place to sit by far.

2-2.5K for 40bhp seems outrageous

Well how much has ya mate spent on his VTS?

You could buy bits 2nd hand, but it's still not gonna be cheap. To be honest if i wanted more power, id just supercharge it, you can keep the OEM mani and Cat and still get like 290, dunno how much for that, probly 3k.

Keep it standard for a while I think minus some intake thing. Not sure, his old one was cammed up and mapped etc and this newer one feels quicker, but it's only got mani,decat,full ss system and induction, it's just breathed on. Not really bothered about that it was just a bit of fun, just mean in the future a bit more poke might be on the cards!

Would be interesting to know whether that's some how quick, or whether my CTR is just on the slow side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Washed it, looks good. Except when trying to use them useless drying clothes i managed to put two decent sized scratches on the roof, FTW .

Looks good otherwise though haha. I'll definitely take some more pictures tomorrow as well 100%.

AEM CAI £80
Toda header £300
Exhaust system £300
RBC £240
K100 £800

ffffffffuuuuuuuuu

Nice car.

Classifieds on the forum is your best bet mate, parts come and go quite often.

I haven't lol, that's just the used rate really. CTRO normally, usually.

Wash mits - i4detailing. DWX discount code.

Well the chamois leather stuffs useless and **** so I gave up with it resulting in a water spotted dirty type R so didn't get any pics. Going to wash it tomorrow again give that chamois stuff another pop. This'll teach me for always paying the kosvans to do with with my other cars.

Buy a decent wash mitt.
Buy decent shampoo (Duragloss 901)
Buy a decent drying towel (blue poorboys one is best)
Buy a drying aid/aqua wax (Duragloss Aqua wax or Autoglym wet wax)

Suffer no more wash-inflicted damage.

Chuked them guys a fiver today. Took some snaps. Lost the red from my type R badge, was there other day(check first picture page 1). lol Not sure what happened.

Starting to think these tints on the front are dodgy, doubt Honda make fronts like that, even though this light makes it look much worse. I'd really like to check if the fronts are legal.

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. And yeah a breathed on VTS is fairly quick upto about 90, after that a CTR will pull away very easily.

Yeah tuning them isn't cheap, if you wanted a cheap remap a n/a honda isn't the best bet, heh.

Back