• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Si's second attempt at a Honda...

Those K-tuned dip sticks look really good!

The other thing I would change on your engine bay is the Rocker breather pipe, would look better black, as the red doesn't quite go with the rest of the theme.

Edit: just seen you have already written that..doh

During the week I fitted the rack raiser, track rods and new ends and the Buddy Club RCA's.

So, went up to Eurospec on Friday and had my alignment done. I needed the height sorting out on the coilovers and the pre loads increasing which meant it cost a bit more than I was hoping for and in hindsight I wish I had sorted all that out myself before going up. Never mind the car is all sorted now.

When I first fitted the Yellow Speed's I noticed that the track rod ends were really difficult to do up tightly and there was massive amounts of play in them, so as a temporary fix I made a little collar to fill the quite apparent size difference in the two items, looked like so. The video (if it works) is the play before I made up the collar:

http://vid1092.photobucket.com/albu... EP3/854A1FDD-759E-44B3-8844-CF3E11ADCEFB.mp4

And the collar I made to stop it

Basically the hole in the bracket for the track rod end is about 1-2mm too big for the taper of the track rod ends. Am I being stupid here in saying why not just make it the correct size and then there is no gap/play???? I've never heard of another set of coilovers needing these, or is it common?
Anyway, got it contact with Tegiwa and they told me the coilovers should have come with the collars (picked the up 2nd hand from a breaker). So they sent me out a set as thankfully they have spares, look like so:

It took a few tweaks and changes before the car wasn't scrubbing on the arches (mainly the rears) but we got there in the end. Had a few printouts from the machine, this was the last one before adjusting the toe on the drivers front to match the passenger's (0.06 down to 0.03)

It feels awesome and loving the way it handles now! :twisted:

What do you guys reckon? Similar to majority of set ups? Haven't got any pics of the car at it's current height but will get some decent ones soon. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a go on getting on the drive again, and I only JUST get on it. I mean the exhaust scrapes (can see the marks in the photo) but I have a skid plate welded on to it so not bothered as it isn't damaging the actual exhaust. Took a couple of naff iPhone pics just to get a general idea of the height.

Also remembered that I had my pollen filters to change from my service still. I don't think these have ever been changed before....I mean JESUS look at the state of them!!!

My calipers are pretty manky, have no paint and feel a little tired, so picked up a second hand set of calipers and carriers for cheap and sent them off for a full refurb and paint with Bigg Red. In the meantime I thought I would check out how my pads are doing. SO SO happy I did! These are the rear pads on the passenger side;

Fracture on the outside pad

Old oem pads I luckily had kept, just a bit of difference!

This will be on temporarily until I get my other calipers back. Ordering loads of new stuff over the weekend

Brake discs (brembo blanks)
Rear pads (front are ok still)
Hel lines
Ate fluid
Ancillary bolts and clips for calipers

Hopefully will get them back in the next week or so.

So I went a bit mad with the spending yesterday, but everything came up at the same time so just bought it all in one go!

So first up I got an RBC for a decent price which has already been bored out to 70mm, also has a K-tuned throttle body adapter which I may actually sell on as I am getting a Hybrid Racing 70mm throttle body from Maz over at Hond-R. So no need for an adapter.

With the ring insert so you can run an OEM throttle body, really good idea if you are planning on upgrading in the future

With the ring removed, so now 70mm all the way down

From the same guy I also got a Solid Fab 3" exhaust, with a little bit of damage. Main reason for changing is the J's system is only 60mm so not even true 2.5", and after speaking to numerous mappers they all recommended a 3" system.

Going to get a J's style tip on there instead! haha

He also chucked in the gearbox mount inserts as well for nothing

Turns out he only lives up the road from Alan at Solid Fab! So when I knew I was going to be in the area on Monday I asked Alan if he has any manifolds in stock on the Saturday, but it turned out he didn't.
Not to worry though! Alan very kindly said he would make me one for Monday! Actually turns out it takes him less than a day to make it! :eek: lol So he dropped it off on his way home for me as well. Top service!

I didn't know this guy had the catback for sale before going up there. So I'm actually going back up to Solid fab this Saturday for him to fit it all. If I had know before hand I wouldn't have been in such a rush to get the mani off Alan.

Anyway, I gave the system a quick polish and test fitted it all together. Came out pretty shiny tbf!

I am also booked in with Romain for mapping on 6th August over at Eurospec! :mrgreen: Can not wait to have it mapped now!
Throttle body is pretty much last piece and a shiny new fuel rail and I'll have everything I need.

So thats all for now, will update with pictures once the new exhaust system is on!

So exhaust system is all on thanks to Alan over at Solid Fab. I really wanted to go for another turned down tip but due to the size of the rear silencer and how low it is already I thought it was best to keep it as it was. So the damage was just cut off and the system bolted up as is. Sounds pretty crazy being 3inch, but I dread to think what the J's system would have sounded like with the de-cat!! Lol

For a while I had been driving around with a sticky calliper and my brakes in general were poor. So I sourced a full the set of cheap callipers and carriers which I sent away to be refurbed with all new components and paint. Pretty much overhauled my brakes:

Hel Lines
RPB front & rear discs
New rear Project Mu pads (after my others disintegrated!)
ATE Fluid

Didn't get any pictures of fitting them as was in a rush to get them done, but my god am I glad I chose to do them now! Such a difference:

And with everything back in place. :D

I also managed to get myself a J's front strut brace. Talk about a tight fit with the air intake and throttle cable!!! :eek: :eek:

So the brakes were done last Saturday and on Sunday I went to Japshow at Santa Pod.
The lads over at Hondalife were kind enough let me on their stand. Was a quality day and also my first time watching drag racing! haha
Was good to meet some new Honda owners, especially As they all live nearby as well!

Photo of us all on stand:

Plus some photos courtesy of Chris over at Hondalife: Awesome pictures! :mrgreen:

Thats all for now. I'm still waiting on my Hybrid Racing throttle body to come over from the U.S along with my fuel rail. My RBC is also with Spooner being treated to some crinkle paint. :cool:
Its just under a month until I get the car mapped as well...cant wait!!! :p

Ah we saw this at Santa Pod, stood for a good few minutes admiring the wheels! :)

Was a good show that one, was my first time. Was also my first time watching drag racing live and have to say it wasn't boring like I thought it might have been! :)

So not a lot to update on really, other than Spooner has finished with my RBC. As usual a quality job from Paul and worth it on the end.
clear.png

So the two brackets that are not used that are normally next to the fuel rail have been chopped off and then smoothed over. Don't think many people will actually notice it but I think it makes it look a hell of a lot cleaner!

Also spoke to Maz at Hond-r yesterday as well. So my throttle body has finally been finalised and is in the process of being sent over. It will hopefully be in my hands by next week sometime.

I may have to push the mapping back a week as it will be cutting it very fine with the throttle body "hopefully" being delivered here by Tuesday/Wednesday and going in for mapping on the Thursday.
nerv.gif

That's it for now, next update will be my rbc and throttle body being fitted and then my mapping results.
naughtyx.gif

So was a productive day yesterday, finally got the last pieces of the puzzle fitted before I go in for mapping. Wasn't exactly plain sailing and had a couple of hurdles along the way, but got there in the end.

The main thanks go to Maz at Hond-R for getting me the throttle body in time! He had it shipped from America and to my front door within 4 days, but was well worth the month wait as it is by far the nicest throttle body I've seen for the K series.

Quick mock up with the RBC before fitting it to the car

So first off I had bought the Tegiwa silicone intake hose to fit over my new throttle body as it's a 70mm one. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fit, then I found out that Hybrid taper the inlet to 76mm which was too large for the Tegiwa hose to fit over!
Rang around some of the shops nearby to see if I could get a coupler/reducer to fit both items, no body could help. Luckily there was an off cut lying about the workshop which fit! Doesn't look pretty but gets the job done! :D

Anyway, onto the fitting, old inlet manifold and throttle body off

Couple of bolts to hold in the RBC, then went ahead with chopping up the slam panel. I chose to actually fully remove it and cut it off the car. Was far easier and meant I could take off a little bit, check see where it needed cutting and then cut more if needed.

Sorted!

All bolted up back together. :D

Car is having a coolant change today, and then in for mapping on Thursday, can't wait now!

Will post up the results afterwards, thanks for reading.

So the results are in....my EP3 is slow! (but we already knew that! :smt043)

Speaking to Romain, from the off he said he wasn't a fan of the J's intake as he found it a little restrictive (a lot like the Mugen box) :( But there are only about 5 of these in the country so finding any information on other cars to find out performance using the box is hard.

I'm going to go with Romain's recommendation and change my intake to the Injen CAI with a Blox velocity stack and see if I can break the 230 mark!

I am a little disappointed that's all I made considering the mods I have and the advice I took onboard about avoiding buying cheap parts. But none the less, Romain has done a quality job with the map and the car does drive a lot better and the extra torque is noticeable.

Anyway I made 226 HP and 170(ish) Ft lb (can't see on the printout an exact figure?)

Mods wise next I want to get the whole car polybushed. Ill also try and underseal the car properly before winter.
Other than that I think I will save up for an LSD/gear ratio changes and maybe some drop in cams! :p

Well not an awful lot been happening with the car tbh. Not had much cash lately so just been odd jobs here and there. I'll be out of the country over the next few months leading up to Christmas, so a chance to save a bit of money.

Anyways, went to Mimms for the 1st time, was a really good event. :D Few random snaps I found of mine:

And a nice shot on the way home from Rockingham. :cool:

A few weeks later I had an unfortunate accident with a pheasant which some how went straight through the fog light hole in the bumper! :eek: Luckily for me no damage to the car, didn't end too well for the poor little bugger though. :(

With winter fast approaching as well I thought it best to get the OEM wheels back on to keep the Works in good condition, think it looks proper crap now! :smt071

At the same time I finally fitted my Pre-facelift rear lights which I've had for about 4 months now.
clear.png
Think they look so much better than the Lexus style chrome ones on the facelifts!

Not much to update on but I've had a set of EK9 recaro's in the car for a while as they were too cheap to pass up on.
I'm not that impressed with the Premier edition recaro's and I loved these seat in my DC2.

Got to be one of the dirtiest sets I've ever seen! Before they were cleaned...

After a lot of woolite and scrubbing...

For a while I just used the Premier edition rails, but the seats just sat way too high for my liking!
Managed to find a set of Bride rails for sale for a fraction of the price of a new set imported would cost so snapped them up! I've been on the lookout for 5 months as well. Ha!

Height on the Prem rails

Height on the Bride rails

amazing motor, with a tegiwa it should be about 230-240 mate the j's racing and mugen intakes are crap for bhp IMO! :) great motor.

I think the Js racing intake isn't bad. Might be on par with Tegiwa, although I don't know of any evidence to demonstrate that. It's just my opinion from the few dynos I've seen. Mugen is crap though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers lads,

Yeh the J's intake may be a decent intake but it's starting to do my head in now! Lol it's so big and takes up all the free room in the bay. Bit of a mission to remove and put back in as well being so fragile.
So in the new year I'll either go for an Injen CAI or Gruppe/Tegiwa M.

Speaking to TDI North as well, they believe my exhaust manifold may be the culprit for my lower than normal figures. Apparently most cars they have had in have made poor power with Solid Fabrications mani.
The 3" exhaust has finally broke me as well! The drone at 60mph onwards is too much for a daily! Haha So a 2.5" will be swapped in at some point.

So a whole new intake and exhaust system may be in the pipeline (when money permits) :lol:

Back