• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk 2 megapower r fitting

Has anyone fitted A skunk 2 megapower r 70mm to a oem cat on ep3? I've heard you have to notch out the car bolt holes? Is this easy enough to do on ramps at home your self or are you better off getting a garage to do it? Also to notch out the bolt holes do have to take the cat off or can it be done still connected to the manifold down pipe?

Cheers for any help.

Has anyone fitted A skunk 2 megapower r 70mm to a oem cat on ep3? I've heard you have to notch out the car bolt holes? Is this easy enough to do on ramps at home your self or are you better off getting a garage to do it? Also to notch out the bolt holes do have to take the cat off or can it be done still connected to the manifold down pipe?

Cheers for any help.

i did this when i first got my skunk system. The method i used was to heat up the flange on the standard cat around the studs and knock all three out, then used a die grinder on all three holes to widen their PCD and the skunk system fitted on nicely without having to modify the skunk system. Took me about 30mins but i did have all tools available including a ramp so it may take over an hour on the floor.

I did all of this with the cat still on the car

hope this helps

Hi there. Thanks for the reply on this. I will hopefully be getting a skunk 2 soon and will use this mothod :)
cheers

Back