• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk 2 megapower R vibration against chassis

I've recently installed a skunk 2 megapower R exhaust on my ep3, it sounds great but after driving for about 15mins / the exhaust heats up, it's starts to vibrate and rattle against the chassis near the front section just after the cat. Could any one tell me if I purchase some universal power flex exhaust mounts and mount the exhaust a little lower if this will be ok or will it cause an exhaust leak between OEM manifold and cat secession?
Appreciate any help if people have had this same issue?

cheers

Can't speak for this specific exhaust, but that's what I had to do on my FD2 with the Kakimoto cat back. Didn't have any leaks afterwards.

I had similar issue with Nvidia N1 for the EP3, when I was downshift quickly (track), the front section of the exhaust system slam in the car floor (near the passenger side) I bought the J's racing bushing and the issue was less common, but still was there is some road/driving situation, in the end I replace the motor mount to vibra-technics mounts, now the exhaust is fine, and you can fill the improvement in the handling etc, but it not cheap and also may cause some rattling in the cabin.

Cheers for your advice mate. I will try some power flex hangers 1st to see if these make any difference!

Back