• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk 2 Racing Mega Power R cat back fitted to CTR Cosmic Grey Facelift

Right... so as the title says.. fitted a cat back Skunk 2 Racing Mega Power R... sounds amazing!.. but it's knocking on the floor pan, under the drivers seat :(
It came off a track car, and they had the same issue.
They were running it with a decat, where as I'm not, but both had same issue?.. they rectified the issue by jacking up the floor!?.. is that a good idea!!?? And surely you shouldn't have to do that!?
Anyone fitted one, and know a safe way to fix please?

Hello, I have the same exhaust on my ep3 and it does exactly the same, I’ve done two things which work perfectly to stop the knocking / kettling effect when wet,
1st thing is to purchase some heat wrap and wrap the section from the cat flange to just past where it knocks on the chassis.
2nd thing is to purchase some stainless steel fine mesh and fold it up into a small rectangle then using stainless tie wraps secure this on top of the exhaust near to the knocking area so it acts as a spring / cushioning.
I’ve had mine like this for two years now and it works, no knocking.
It will be a bit of trial and error but you will get there in end. It’s worth it as it does sound amazing compared to a lot of other exhausts.
Cheers

Hi
Thanks for your reply.. we tried adjusting the hangar up near the downpipe, it's made it hundred times worse!!
Is a proper ball ache, was hoping it was going to be pl7f n play....
The previous owner jacked the floor up an inch!?
Am gutted at mo, as car sounds & drives awful :(
Where's the best place to buy heat wrap & the mesh you mentioned?

Back