• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk's Honda Addiction

Bit of a while since I did an update.

Did a fair bit of maintenance and fixing of annoying rattles and non functioning trim pieces.
Unfortunately never got pics of it all.

Have subsequently ditched the innovative motor mounts and opted for a set of Mugen mounts as they were ironically half the price of genuine oems.
Sprayed my center dash in gunmetal as well as my door handle inserts as the drivers had seen better days.

Excuse the mess, had just finished putting everything back in.
IMG_5219.jpg

IMG_5220.jpg

Then installed my Cusco rear arb as the rear end seemed a bit wofty in the bends, after 3000kms with this one in can safely say the rear is more manageable.

IMG_4140.jpg

Had the valve clearances done, lucky i had them checked as they were horribly out.

Then after having a bit of a rim issue after swapping the rims between the dc5 and ep3, was not feeling the Team Dynamics on the car.
So after trawling the auctions in Japan for a month and a bit managed to snag myself a set of 17" TE37's for the car.

17" 7.5JJ +48

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

Next on the cards is K Pro and a set of ISC Coilovers

Thanks for reading, comments and crits welcome :)

Minor Update

The Mugen mounts.

IMG_0468.jpg

The ISC's have arrived, booked in with the shop to get fitted tomorrow.

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg

Will post some pics of the install and once fitted.
Any geo settings that I should try out once lowered?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then installed my Cusco rear arb as the rear end seemed a bit wofty in the bends, after 3000kms with this one in can safely say the rear is more manageable.

Hey, great post! I'm thinking of installing an arb (perhaps a full kit) on my EP3. Where did you get yours, or is there somewhere you could recommend?

Ta!
Hannah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I got it from RHD Japan, very helpful bunch of people.

Hey, great post! I'm thinking of installing an arb (perhaps a full kit) on my EP3. Where did you get yours, or is there somewhere you could recommend?

Ta!
Hannah

Bit of an update on the car.

Had the suspension set up correctly and put on some new tyres - Yokohama A-Drive's.

IMG_7309.jpg

IMG_7310.jpg

IMG_7317.jpg

Been looking for a set of JDM Facelift headlights for a while now and a set popped up in Mozambique along with a champ white Facelift front bumper, friend went to collect them and cant wait to have them arrive this weekend.

Main reason for the change over was the fact that the OEM preface lenses are utter rubbish, the light is there but its sprays the light worse than a newbie fps gamer that's been drinking. Hits everything but where you want it to go.
Some pics of the parts before they arrive. Will do a bit of a DIY for those who might be interested to see the differences between the two lights and fittings (Going into this blind as there is hardly any how to's on this topic)

IMG_7900.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7905.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7908.jpg

IMG_7907.jpg

IMG_7910.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Headlights arrived a few days late ... Tried fitting them to check for the bulb fittings.
The HID Ballast is a straight fit, the ancillaries sadly do not, looks like ill be needing to chop the harness to put a set of compatible plugs on to get the high beams and indicator lights to work. That aside, the new light pattern is a million times better than the stockers.

Some pics of the install

Never took pics of the washing of the grime.

IMG_8370.jpg

New lights test fitting, needed some adjustment. Brackets were not 100% lined up.
IMG_8372.jpg

IMG_8371.jpg

Light is much better now.
IMG_8377.jpg

Excuse the garage, in the process of moving garages around and rebuilding a scoob is not the best in terms of space. Busy getting ready to try the facelift bumpers to see if I like it or not.
IMG_8387.jpg

Not the right white, but I'm undecided on the outcome.
IMG_8392.jpg

Some extra pics of the Mugen splitter
IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8389.jpg

IMG_8390.jpg

IMG_8391.jpg

Waiting on a few more little parts then its off to the paint shop to give the poor car the love it deserves, so please excuse the rough front end (South African roads are not entirely friendly).

Thanks for reading, opinions are welcome.

I prefer the original bumper over the facelift to be honest mate

Took the car for a bit of a road trip to the coast, where it was nearly taken off of my hands by some car thieves (Ruined door lock and ignition barrel) :(
Upside is I still have the car but new parts are required :mad:

Some pics I took at the beachfront, it had just rained the night before and never got a chance to wash it, so please excuse the dirty pics.

EP3%20La%20Lucia%206.jpg

EP3%20La%20Lucia%201.jpg

EP3%20La%20Lucia%202.jpg

EP3%20La%20Lucia%203.jpg

EP3%20La%20Lucia%204.jpg

Will update this once my parts arrive from Japan, some Spoon awesomeness :D

Nice car - I have a post Facelift JDM and you don't see many others .....

However, having just had the full set of innovative engine mounts fitted and having the most horrific vibrations on the test drive. Can you shed any light on how it was wrongly fitted?

Nice car - I have a post Facelift JDM and you don't see many others .....

However, having just had the full set of innovative engine mounts fitted and having the most horrific vibrations on the test drive. Can you shed any light on how it was wrongly fitted?

Thank you. They are very rare from what I can see.
I eventually pulled mine out as they were driving me mad. After still suffering with awkward vibrations throughout the car now with the oem's we have discovered that the subframe was not aligned correctly after a clutch job it seems.
This has made the car happier but still got the vibrations due to the nature of the mounts but now its more consistent and not as harsh.

Update on the car.

We had our year end Type R breakfast run in December. I have attached some pics of the run.

Day before getting it ready for the run.
IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Day of the run.
IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

It got quite warm that day - got up to 42degrees but never got a pic.
IMG_0231.jpg

I decided to go back to the OEM preface headlights as I was struggling with the way the headlights were dispersing light. I will take a relook into this at a later stage again.

Bored one evening and took some longer exposure shots.
DSC_0918.jpg

DSC_0923.jpg

DSC_0953.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

More in post below

Last edited by a moderator:
Fast forward to January

My EK9 that I had parted out 3 years ago came back up for sale again, I had been having sleepless nights ever since.
I made the arrangements and collected it a week later.

It had been in a minor front end and a normal ek4 swapped into it.

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

Gutted it.
IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

Then went to fetch a donor car down in Cape Town, a 2000 Civic Type RX.

Started putting the parts into the car
IMG_3439.jpg

Brought the car home to continue the work of putting the EK9 bits back onto the car.
IMG_5222.jpg

Got her some rims - TE37's - 16"
IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Its plan is to become my weekend track car when im done with the restore.

Got a call from a friend that an FD2 was landing in Gaborone. Got sent some pics of the car and on the 7th of Feb I went and collected the car.
Its a 2008 model, with only the Modulo Sport shocks and springs.

Some pics of the car.

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

DSC_0983.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_4947.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

Thank you for reading the long update :)

You have 3 awesome cars....im not jealous at all!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So a bit of an update on the cars.

The EP3 has sadly been put into storage over winter.
The EK9 is slowly gathering pace as the parts slowly arrive , Suspension is in, LCA's are in, polybush kit being installed next week, oem headlights arrived, cage arrived.

Been competing in a not so serious cup here hosted by Michelin in the DC5.
We had round 4 at a Go Kart circuit, was an absolute blast, however highlighted the pitfalls with the stock suspension, next mod on the cards is a set of decent coilies.

Prior to the event had the rear ARB installed - really helped with the corner speeds and stiffness.
IMG_7029.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

Put the TE37's onto the DC5.
IMG_7043.jpg

IMG_7176.jpg

At the track day I decided to put the FD2 around the track too, it showed the development of the chassis.

DC5%20VKC%205.jpg

DC5%20VKC%206.jpg

DC5%20VKC%208.jpg

DC5%20VKC%203.jpg

FD2%20VKC%206.jpg

FD2%20VKC%208.jpg

FD2%20VKC%2011.jpg

Some randoms prior to the track day and during

IMG_7170.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7205.jpg

IMG_7211.jpg

FD2 needed some minor TLC
IMG_7814.jpg

IMG_7816.jpg

IMG_7817.jpg

Had a chance to put the FD2 onto a lift to get the wheels balanced and checked, was great to see not a spot of rust underneath, got a proper look at the Modulo suspension.
IMG_8047.jpg

IMG_8046.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8073.jpg

IMG_8082.jpg

Recently acquired another FD2 that has a TTS Supercharger kit on it.

Plan is to return it back to stock and resell, then install all the goodies onto the white FD2.

Excuse the install, was needing some extra finesse lol

IMG_7780.jpg

IMG_7782.jpg

Temporary storage
IMG_7791.jpg

En route to the shop
IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7794.jpg

IMG_7793.jpg

IMG_7912.jpg

Some random pics while removing.
IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7910.jpg

IMG_7900.jpg

Thanks for bearing with this long update, will try to keep this updated as things gather pace.

Back