• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sloppy Gear Knob - urghh!

Hello everyone,

I own an 2004 EP3, I have recently had the clutch kit replaced with a new OEM kit with MTF + service.

My gear knob however feels really sloppy, even when it is in gear, feels like neutral..:confused:
How would I go about getting this fixed?

I did some research, came across "US Racing Solid Shifter Bushings" - but still unsure if this would be of any help.

Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Just replace the OEM shifter bushes with OEM. They've probably just worn over time.

I haven't replaced them yet.
I will be ordering them shortly, I will provide my feedback once I do.

Ah yes just realised now dude looking at the date you posted! If you could update when you've changed them that would be cool. Ta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read that the solid ones make t a nightmare to change gear. Read up before you buy there are threads on here. Think the new design is better though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: Just used them as an example but I'd expect the price range to be roughly around that figure, I take it your not a fan of Tegiwa then.

:lol: Just used them as an example but I'd expect the price range to be roughly around that figure, I take it your not a fan of Tegiwa then.

Well they sell stuff for cars and then fail to design them so that they actually fit, and/or last longer than 3 months. Missing instructions is a common one.

:lol: so no, not their biggest fan.

The shifter bushes should have a little bit of play in them, when replacing them with solid shifter bushes they can stretch the gear linkage cables causing a bigger problem.

I would replace them with a new set of OEM bushes, and maybe try a Short Shifter Kit.

Back