• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Smallz '02 NHB CTR

Hi guys,
This is what i have done to my 2002 civic type r since picking it up on the 29-08-08 from a garage in Bournemouth.
When i bought the car it already had tinted windows and black wheels with some blue shiney flakes in, not that you can see it after half a mile. :rolleyes:
DSC00015.jpg

The first thing i did was an oil change with silkolene pro-s 5w-40, blitz racing oil filter and a skunk2 magnetic sump plug. The first modification i made was to install a Gruppe M induction kit which i was and still am very pleased with, the noise is mental. :twisted: I also used one of the pre modded scuttles from simon on CTRO here as the Gruppe M one was awful and a blue SFS silicone induction hose. I still get some rattles from it now and again but nothing i cant live with.
DSC00018.jpg

The next thing was some Spoon Sports socks, by far the most rewarding mod at this point. :)
DSC00017.jpg

I then installed some aluminium shifter plate and cable bushings i purchased from a member on here, they were cheap and easy to fit and managed to improve in my opinion an already good shifter feel. At the same time i put an earthing kit on again in blue from LeeH. :)
DSC00330.jpg

Now i wanted to improve handling a little so i got a rear JDM ARB and sprayed it blue along with a rear lower tie bar i bought from tomo on CTRO. I found the JDM ARB a bit of a pain to fit and as a result only changed one droplink, :evil: i had intended on doing both.
DSC00098.jpg

I wanted to bring the blue on black theme to the exterior so i painted the brake calipers blue and stuck on some type r decals in white i got from Mook.
DSC00134.jpg

From the group buy section i upgraded my brake pads front and rear to Ferodo DS2500's and stuck on some carbon fibre door sills courtesy of Andy18. Very happy with both Ferodo pads and Andy's door sills. :cool:
DSC00109.jpg

Time for a new exhaust, i wanted something deeper and less raspy but not too loud. I chose the Fujitsubo Legalis R as i also wanted it to look a bit like the stock one, luckily a member was selling his that had done very few miles and for a great price. It was exactly what id hoped for a really quality exhaust, it sounds great especially when its been warmed up a bit. Coupled with the Gruppe M vtec is quite loud but i like it! :twisted:
DSC00154.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

I didnt want to cut or bend anything to fit a RBC intake manifold so when a modified PRC manifold came up i bought that as it just bolts straight on. It had been modified and had a R-Crew plennum chamber fixed to it allowing for more air it also came with a Hondata heat shield gasket, this sat in the porch for a few months untill my appointment with Guy at CPL Racing.
DSC00189.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

Finally the day at CPL arrived, I was to have the supplied PRC manifold fitted with Hondata heat shield gasket, the remaining drop link replaced, ES engine mounts, a Piper exhaust manifold and sports cat, a K-100 ECU upgrade and a full tune. The results were apparent the moment i started the car, probably due to the engine mounts and the associated vibration. The car is noticably louder but definately not too loud, it should easily pass the 98db trackday test. :D Its also alot faster and much more responsive lower down the revs, it made 230.5 BHP.
DSC00333.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

Really pleased with it and having alot of fun.

I have recently fitted a Kenwood double din head unit with Ipod connection, satnav, DVD all the usual stuff that comes with this type of head unit. I find it very easy to use, just wish i had some better speakers as the standard ones sound rubbish. Thats probably next on the list.
DSC00343.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

I recieved a new smoothed and painted rocker cover from brencivic and fitted that, it is painted very nicely I think it looks great and he is a top bloke to deal with.
DSC00352.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

One with the cover off.
DSC00353.jpg

Cover fitted.
DSC00354.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

I have just been on my first trackday and have fitted some HEL blue braided brakelines and some Motul RBF 600 DOT 4 brake fluid.
DSC00358.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

Static noise test at Castle Coombe my car was 87db at 4500 rpm. :cool:

After the track day at Castle Coombe I fitted a P2R throttle body spacer with heatshield gaskets.
DSC00360.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

Thanks for reading hope it wasnt too boring. :lol:

Looks good, like the blue theme :)

How did you find your first trackday at Combe?

Black and blue, very nice :cool:

I know what you mean about the droplinks, they're a nightmare.

Thanks guys :D

How did you find your first trackday at Combe?

Awesome! I really enjoyed it. I will definately be doing it again soon. Glad I chose to get some tuition, he was a really nice bloke and his advice was greatly appreciated. Hope to be seeing him again soon. :cool:

Great looking car, I will keep an eye out for it :D

Thanks mate, I will also be looking out for your JDM. :twisted:

I think ive seen this car around sailsbury. not keen on the wheels but the rest of the mods look good:eek:

Hi mate car looks mint! how hard was the double din head unit to fit? does it just plug straight in? thanks:)

Hi mate car looks mint! how hard was the double din head unit to fit? does it just plug straight in? thanks:)

Double din is easy to fit mate, if I can do it anyone can. :)

It needs an adapter for the wiring to go beteen the Honda plug and the ISO block on the headunit. I got one from halfrauds for about £6

Just bolt the headunit into the existing Honda cage, no need to use the one supplied with the headunit. :D

Awesome stuff mate!! I like the headunit! :eek:

Only known that OEM looks good, but that's great!!

Back