• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

So I've got the dreaded alarm fault!

Lock the car and 10 seconds later alarms going off. Happened after I come out to a dead battery. Would it have any negative effects if I just cut the siren off? It's an 03 type r.

Its a weird problem this one. I too have an 03 EP3. 2 months into ownership I had this issue and also thought about cutting the siren off - but I didn't. I drove it home to try and fix it (instead of annoying my girlfriends neighbours...)

I got home (20 minute run with the alarm going on and off intermittently on the way) and by the time I got back it had stopped altogether.

4 years later, same car, problem has never re-occurred....

Yeh mine was going off at first when I was driving it randomly, now it's only when I lock it about 10 seconds later. Will cutting it off have any bad affects like drain battery? As it would still send a signal to trigger alarm? X

Hi, had my 03 Type R for just over a week. The central locking wasnt working so checked the fuse, changed it and it worked and something must have also kicked in with the alarm as this started to arm as well (sorting that was on my list too). Problem I have now is that the alarm arms but every time I unlock the car the alarm goes off! To add to the mix my key fobs dont work so cant use this for anything, only use the key at the mo.

I have looked thru many threads, blogs etc and it seems that many people have a problem with an ep3 alarm at some point! I tried the whole reset and re program key fob, ignition on and off, press lock button x 3 etc but no luck. Some threads suggest it could be a circuit board for the alarm. Does anyone have any idea or suggest anything I could try before I bite the bullet and go see Honda?

Without the central locking I dont have the issue but obviously no alarm and maybe immobiliser?

Any help, suggestions or details of someone who I can take it to in Essex area would be greatly appreciated!!!

Back