• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 So, Type-r Championship is not seen as a good idea?

Guys, thinking of switching to Honda from Toyota, and looking to get a Type-R Championship White Edition.

For no other reason, I like the colour, and it's not a hell of a lot more money.

It not coming with a different interior so I end up with a white, red, and black car aside, you guys don't seem all that keen on them.

Or have I misread the general consensus on here about them?

A lot of people aren't too keen on the FN2 as a whole, not just the CW white addition. Mainly due to the fact it's not a massive improvement to a EP3 and looks are a bit hit and miss. I personally think it's good that Honda have finally given us CW and a LSD as OEM, but they should have done it long ago and not waited until now to use it as a money making exercise/gimmick.

I had an FN2, but I preferred the EP3

Not sure it's the right time to be buying a new car, the second hand market is also on its arse so you could save mega £££ on getting a year old one

Just a thought

I personally think it's good that Honda have finally given us CW and a LSD as OEM, but they should have done it long ago and not waited until now to use it as a money making exercise/gimmick.

Agreed.

Shame you have to have it in white to get the LSD as standard too. Don't get me wrong it looks mega in white but it's too 'look at me' for me. Silver with factory LSD would be the ultimate.

Not sure it's the right time to be buying a new car, the second hand market is also on its arse so you could save mega £££ on getting a year old one

Just a thought

That's what I did. 8)

Many thanks for the fast responses to this!

I'm still negotiating the cost, but it looks like Honda are prepared to make pretty reasonable offers to me to take a new one off their hands.

IIRC, the CW Edition is not a year old yet is it? Do you guys mean a pre-reg or something?

Also, the EP3 - is that the 'old' shape? I've heard (mostly from this forum) that it's faster, is this the basis of the dislike of the new shape one or are there multiple versions of the one with triangles featured throughout it's design.

IIRC, the CW Edition is not a year old yet is it? Do you guys mean a pre-reg or something?

No, just get another colour. Deep Bronze is awesome!

Also, the EP3 - is that the 'old' shape? I've heard (mostly from this forum) that it's faster, is this the basis of the dislike of the new shape one or are there multiple versions of the one with triangles featured throughout it's design.

The EP3 is the last one and there's nothing in it performance wise, it's more down to personal preference. I've had both and love my FN2 (the current one).

No, just get another colour. Deep Bronze is awesome!

The EP3 is the last one and there's nothing in it performance wise, it's more down to personal preference. I've had both and love my FN2 (the current one).
i had a ep3 for 2 1/2 years then changed best move ever imho:D

DeepBronzeLOL.

Well, i think it's going to be red or white for me. Had 2 black cars in a row now, so I'm not getting a third. Silver and Brown are a bit 'meh' to me (no disrespect Silver and Brown owners).

So Brown? Err, no :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you even know what the bronze type r looks like?

IMO that's why Honda canned it. No one knew what it would look like on a car so very few people ordered it. If I were to have had a new one and it was available I would have defo had bronze, I think..... it's tough choice between that and silver... :)

IMO that's why Honda canned it. No one knew what it would look like on a car so very few people ordered it. If I were to have had a new one and it was available I would have defo had bronze, I think..... it's tough choice between that and silver... :)

Have they binned off deep pearl bronze now?? :eek:

Back