• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 So, Type-r Championship is not seen as a good idea?

I think Milano Red looks best for the FN2, especially with the GT pack on..:cool:

You know, them black bits on the front & rear bumbers :p

01032009142.jpg

They chose the wrong name for it. It's not really bronze.

It's black with a gold flip when the sun hits it. I'm sure Hondas Marketing team could have come up with a better name

Having seen and having a quick blast in Chris' CW FN2 I do like them, they have a more solid feel to them, the doors are chunky and make that nice thud sound when they shut, plus the OEM seats are good and the dash is a nice place to be.

A modded one to say my EP3 standard would be the nuts I think.

LSD is a big plus.

I would split them like this.

If I was 25 i'd buy the EP3 (I am 25 and own a EP3)

If I was 30 i'd buy the FN2, its seems more comfortable and less harsh than the previous version.

Different needs for different wants.

HTH.

I think Milano Red looks best for the FN2, especially with the GT pack on..:cool:

You know, them black bits on the front & rear bumbers :p

01032009142.jpg

They're not part of the GT 'pack'. Just optional front and rear skirts. ;)

BLONZE lol
Now that's a good name for the colour. Sounds like Bronze Blonde... And we'd all like some of that, I imagine.

Anyway... I'm still none the wiser. I'd like a Championship White for Owner meet-ups and 'cause I like the colour on Type-R's, but it seems like they didn't exactly make it 'special', if you get my meaning.

Oh and thanks for putting up with my n00b questions guys! Looks like a great community you've got going here.

They're not part of the GT 'pack'. Just optional front and rear skirts. ;)

'Yea I know' But aint that pack that you can buy as an accessory called a gt pack, ie. front & rear skirts !!

Whatever its called does look good on a lighter car, Neily should be on your To Do list ;)

GT pack includes the skirts which enhance the look IMHO. If they had added additional features I would have had the CW. However in real world driving LSD is of no benefit; round the track yes; but I don't track race. I have nhb and is my 4th black car. Reason is I have been reversed into multiple times, even while standing outside my car with silver and red cars.

Looks like a great community you've got going here.

It's the best.

I think that the FN has a problem being as accepted as say the EP just because of it's wild looks. I guess the CW version was a 'treat' from Honda to us for all the requests for a CW version, and i'm glad they spec'd it up to include an LSD ect.. not because we can feel the difference in the corners but because Honda is finally giving us a car that has the same spec type-R as a JDM version.

Id like to see the same JDM car being sold over here as an official Honda rather than an import.

It's the best.

I think that the FN has a problem being as accepted as say the EP just because of it's wild looks. I guess the CW version was a 'treat' from Honda to us for all the requests for a CW version, and i'm glad they spec'd it up to include an LSD ect.. not because we can feel the difference in the corners but because Honda is finally giving us a car that has the same spec type-R as a JDM version.

Id like to see the same JDM car being sold over here as an official Honda rather than an import.

The CW FN2 has the same 198 BHP engine as the normal FN2's. The only difference being the addition of an LSD. The FD2 still pwns it.

I guess the CW version was a 'treat' from Honda to us for all the requests for a CW version

Think again,

Customers wanted a Type-R in white when the EP3 first launched to be told it was only for the JDM. Then when they released the facelift model they kept the original three colours and added............grey (IMHO a slap in the face).

Honda asked customers for ideas when the FN2 was in development and launched again with the original three colours and...................bronze (another slap in the face).

Fast forward to the credit crunch, global meltdown, car industry crisis etc etc and Honda started to see a BIG fall in profits which ended with them stopping production all together. What did they do? That's right, painted the FN2 white to boost sales figures.

It wasn't a treat at all, rather a desperate atttempt to sell vehicles.

Think again,

Customers wanted a Type-R in white when the EP3 first launched to be told it was only for the JDM. Then when they released the facelift model they kept the original three colours and added............grey (IMHO a slap in the face).

Honda asked customers for ideas when the FN2 was in development and launched again with the original three colours and...................bronze (another slap in the face).

Fast forward to the credit crunch, global meltdown, car industry crisis etc etc and Honda started to see a BIG fall in profits which ended with them stopping production all together. What did they do? That's right, painted the FN2 white to boost sales figures.

It wasn't a treat at all, rather a desperate atttempt to sell vehicles.

I would say that is pretty much spot on, I do like cosmic grey it does look nice, however white would have been a nice option.

I would say that is pretty much spot on, I do like cosmic grey it does look nice, however white would have been a nice option.

Maybe not. You would have a lot more white EP3's about then.

Resulting in the JDM being less special.

As much as I love the white look, by keeping it as it was, as far as colour selection goes in th UKDM, you know by having, or even seeing a white EP3 its the ultimate version.

I like the fact you can only import the white version.

Back