• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Softer Type R approved by....

Please keep the personal insults out of the thread. Cheers. ;)
Is that directed at me???

What you referring to exactly???

i haven't insulted any single person here. i call call Honda a bunch of cocksuckers if i want. That's not a personal insult/

Do your job properly./

I think Captain did not mention you did he? So perhaps YOU should not jump to conclusions before accusing someone of 'not doing their job properly' So chill a bit, I thank you :D

As it happens I was just about to post the same thing. And before others jump on the why was this one person consulted, there was not just one person at that meeting, a few went. There WAS a thread asking people for their views on what they would like to see. How many manufacturers even bother to as the views of forums, and invite them along.

Would they then do what we all us 'hardcore' enthusiasts want and end up with a striped out car that no one but the most dedicated would buy....erm no.

Would they take the points on board and implement a few things suggested, well yeah they did, lots of folks fit a vtec/shift light, so they did it for example.

I remember organising a group thrash for a magazine, and then getting no end of stick from alsorts of folks for not invitings such a person, or tuner, so I know all to well you cannot please everyone all the time.

As far as that old PPUK incedent is concerned, well that is old news, very old news so best methinks to let those dogs sleep.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest what Honda have ended up with. Evo Stu was never a proper mods person, he concentrated on cosmetic stuff really.

If we'd sent HASNIC in his place we might now be looking at the first UK sold CTR to have LSD, which is really essential on a car which is partially designed for track work.

Don't kid yourself. That would never have happened. And niether of the CTRs are designed for any kind of track work. That is the perview of the Caterams of the world :D Just because a car does well compared to other road cars on a track, a track car it does not make.

The bottom line is, as has been said countless times Honda are in the market to sell cars, if it was as focused as many of us hardcore enthusiasts would want; and bare in mind many of us are happy to tool about inc ars with loud exhausts, coilovers and a harsh ride :D, I have no doubt in my mind we would be going on about how killer the new 'R' is... but Honda would not sell as many.

As I have said before it is funny how us EP3 owners are saying how soft the new car is compared to the EP, yet I remember having to defend the EP on one hand to the EK9 and DC2 owners on other forums as they said it was (and still are saying) not a true 'R'.

Yet now the tables are turned an the 'hardcore' EP fans are saying how soft the new one is compared to the 'rawness' that is the EP.

I am sure in a few years time when the vegetable oil/solar hybrid KR4 CTR is released all the current FN2 owners will be bemoaning how soft the new car is and how its 'reactive multi speed sensative input control' takes away from a true drivers input.

It also makes me laough how the majority of us act like we are some kind of driveng gurus that REALLY think we are so capable that we would even notice a difference in laptimes between the FN and EP say, let alone on the road...

..or maybe that is just average old me, who gets lost half way round Brunters :D :D

Or maybe I am too old to get it any more (not 'it' if you know what I mean thats all good)...

and don't I go on...

:D

Don't kid yourself. That would never have happened. And niether of the CTRs are designed for any kind of track work. That is the perview of the Caterams of the world :D Just because a car does well compared to other road cars on a track, a track car it does not make.

The bottom line is, as has been said countless times Honda are in the market to sell cars, if it was as focused as many of us hardcore enthusiasts would want; and bare in mind many of us are happy to tool about inc ars with loud exhausts, coilovers and a harsh ride :D, I have no doubt in my mind we would be going on about how killer the new 'R' is... but Honda would not sell as many.

As I have said before it is funny how us EP3 owners are saying how soft the new car is compared to the EP, yet I remember having to defend the EP on one hand to the EK9 and DC2 owners on other forums as they said it was (and still are saying) not a true 'R'.

Yet now the tables are turned an the 'hardcore' EP fans are saying how soft the new one is compared to the 'rawness' that is the EP.

I am sure in a few years time when the vegetable oil/solar hybrid KR4 CTR is released all the current FN2 owners will be bemoaning how soft the new car is and how its 'reactive multi speed sensative input control' takes away from a true drivers input.

It also makes me laough how the majority of us act like we are some kind of driveng gurus that REALLY think we are so capable that we would even notice a difference in laptimes between the FN and EP say, let alone on the road...

..or maybe that is just average old me, who gets lost half way round Brunters :D :D

Or maybe I am too old to get it any more (not 'it' if you know what I mean thats all good)...

and don't I go on...

:D

You do go on fella, but all good points, well made :D .

EP3 was a softer type R than those before and sold a heck of a lot more than those before. So if you were Honda what would you do? Build a hardcore Type R and not sell many, OR a Softer more rounded car that will sell itself.
For the record IMO its de-valued the brand to a point where you can buy a Type R badge from halfords and yet not feel bad about sticking it on the back of an MPV.
However saying that i also think the up-classing of cars plays a big hand in it all. Ill use the Clio and EP3 as my example. My EP3 was a heck of a lot bigger than a 172/182 yet the 197 clio is now as big as an EP3 inside. To counter calls that the 197 is too big and not as raw as the 182 Renault are releasing the Twingo RS that is on the old 182 chassis. So as the FN2 has grown up (lets be honest is still a quick car) perhaps we may see the Type R badges on smaller lower cost cars where limited runs of hardcore stripped out versions will be viable for Honda to produce.

I think Captain did not mention you did he? So perhaps YOU should not jump to conclusions before accusing someone of 'not doing their job properly' So chill a bit, I thank you :D

As it happens I was just about to post the same thing. And before others jump on the why was this one person consulted, there was not just one person at that meeting, a few went. There WAS a thread asking people for their views on what they would like to see. How many manufacturers even bother to as the views of forums, and invite them along.

Would they then do what we all us 'hardcore' enthusiasts want and end up with a striped out car that no one but the most dedicated would buy....erm no.

Would they take the points on board and implement a few things suggested, well yeah they did, lots of folks fit a vtec/shift light, so they did it for example.

I remember organising a group thrash for a magazine, and then getting no end of stick from alsorts of folks for not invitings such a person, or tuner, so I know all to well you cannot please everyone all the time.

As far as that old PPUK incedent is concerned, well that is old news, very old news so best methinks to let those dogs sleep.

I remember when this thread came out and i remember what the most of us wanted and that was no way a softer ride but a F***ing LSD

So my question to EVOSTU is this how did an LSD change into a softer ride?
look at the megane r26 that is leading nearly all hot hatches purely on its torsen quaiffe diff.
why do we have forum admins that don't listen?

I remember when this thread came out and i remember what the most of us wanted and that was no way a softer ride but a F***ing LSD

So my question to EVOSTU is this how did an LSD change into a softer ride?
look at the megane r26 that is leading nearly all hot hatches purely on its torsen quaiffe diff.
why do we have forum admins that don't listen?

But the two cars are aimed at two markets. Why can't people see this?

I love it how he defends the car so much - Like he a distant relative of Soichiro Honda :oops:

I agree, and to have it in print is crazy. He'll have to live with that for the rest of his life. Can we have a trophy made for him?!

Did he go off on a power trip or something? Quite suprised though that Honda listened so much to the voice of one man, and didn't go for a broader spectrum of ppl

Just given my 2 pence in there, see what wisdom Evostu has for me this time. I don't mind the guy on the whole, but he is acting like a bit of a hero at the moment:confused:

I might have upset Jon C and stu :(

He's a bit touchy though, he went off on one at me cause I mentioned VTi sales having always been good, it's like he owns the FN2 or something, yet he doesn't drive one himself, but don't anyone dare speak about thier opinions on the car unless it's glowing recommendation :roll:

Back