• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

sold the type r,got a new project

rate or slate

astragsi017.jpg
astragsi016.jpg

Lovely car, had one a few years ago. Only lasted 3 months, some scrotes pu window put in on first month, bent door bent back second month, gear linkage to gearbox snapped third month! Gave it a good polish and back healed it to someone else! Was truly gutted! Great car to look at and drive, nightmare to own!

Slate. I had an Arden Blue one about 3 years ago for 6 months. It was awful, wasn't as fast it should have been, handled like a boat and the steering had even less feeling to it than a CTR.

Having said that I do think they look nice though and mine was pretty well specced so was full of toys.

DSCF2487.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest could someone explain the grill. Seen loads of them with that different grill in.

Its just a debadged and differnt style grille type made by a company called irmscher.

They are a vauxhall/opel/GM brand IIRC

MK4 GSi is on the list of cars for me to replace the Ep3 with

Eibachs and Bilsten B4s, Whiteline Rarb work really well to upgrade the handling

the Z20LET engines pretty strong, just dont push over 280bhp as the 3rd piston is close to the turbo and can melt on full boost when your around 300bhp

No £1000 needed to map the ecu either!

Ive got an SRi with a GSi prodrive kit, looks really nice tbh. (pretty much identicle to yours;)). I was playing with the idea of getting a GSi to replace my SRi before settling on a CTR. Loads of room for more power just be careful with the turbos, the engine is strong, the turbos are not. Having said that you can still get massive power from them and make them handle really well for a whole lot less ££££ than a CTR. I might still get one, cheap insurance and half decent MPG just need to test drive one against a CTR:).

P.s the Flame Red SRi-turbos look amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice car mate, I had an Astra van with a z20let in before I got my BMW, Was really fun to drive and was immense wiping the smiles from peoples faces in a van ahah. Was running 300bhp by the time I'd finished :)

6prne0.jpg

x4ka2p.jpg

I like these. Never drove one though, it was on my list when I went to buy the Civic. But because the gf liked the CTR more that's what settled it :lol:

The astra van is a beaut!

300bhp zone with a zlet is fun, my mates act is runnning near 450bhp now but its cost silly money in only the best parts

Back