• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sold up

After 2 years of ownership I today part ex'd my 05 NHB for a brand new Focus ST-2 in peformance blue.

I loved my CTR but in the end got quite disheartened with all the problems it had been suffering of late, nothing serious but just couldnt live with it anymore I was also still trying to find 'Honda's legendary build quality!'

I took the ST out for a test drive and was instantly impressed,the 2.5 unit sounded :twisted:

I say goodbye to the CTR on Thursday,Im gonna miss the big grin factor and the o so addictive magical 5900 RPM :twisted:
The ST is far more civilised which is what I was now looking for and 150 quid a year cheaper to insure :cool:

I got 11k for my car which had 33k on the clock,I owed 11,100 on the outstanding finance so I think Ive got a good deal.

This forum unlike the other one,ahem,has been so friendly and helpful during my time with the Type R and Id still like to stay around if poss!

A big thankyou to everyone especially to Mr Scouse who I just happened to meet in a pub one day who directed me to this forum :D

I just hope the St forum is as decent as this one.

Cheers people

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Def' stick around Morty - we are your t'internet friends!

Pics, vids and car updates please. :twisted:

I've not heard a ST on full chat so not sure on the sound of the five-pot. Are they just as tunable like the FRS - Bluefin remap and induction/exhaust for 250bhp plus?

I didn't like the ST thought the delivery was a little boring but can't moan too much as my next car is probably going to be a diesel :eek:

Yea its not in your face acceleration but it is rapid...two different cars really.

Does anyone think I got a good deal??

11k for an 05 plate NHB(aircon,33k)...outstanding finance was £11100

05 plate means 2+ years old, and 33k miles is slightly above the "12k per year" average, so yes. I think £11100 is a good deal.

I too went for a Focus, not the performance beast, unless you count a tractor as a performance model. Anyway, well screwed together, much better paintwork that the Honda and (fingers crossed) no bother yet. Oh yeh, it does over 50 MPG too. Do I miss the Honda, of course I do - I loved it and miss it like I would one of me spuds.:)

I too went for a Focus, not the performance beast, unless you count a tractor as a performance model. Anyway, well screwed together, much better paintwork that the Honda and (fingers crossed) no bother yet. Oh yeh, it does over 50 MPG too. Do I miss the Honda, of course I do - I loved it and miss it like I would one of me spuds.:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My next car will be an st, i love the sound they make , love the handling and the interior and the exterior, i'm hopefully gonna get a demonstrator or a pre-registered one late september.Only thing that concerns me is they are really thirsty!!!.
easily tuneable though via a flash to the ecu

Hi mate, I'm going the other direction, getting rid of my ST and buying a Type R. (Dam house prices:mad: )

You'll love every minute of it like I have, and once you've tuned it you'll love it even more:twisted:

Mine's pushing out 330bhp & nigh on 400 ft/lb of torque, and is an absolute flying machine. I'll get some pics put up when I get home.

I can promise you one thing, you wont' be dissapointed! (But prepare to get to know all petrol station attendants by first name in no time at all:lol: )

Try www.fordstownersclub.co.uk, they're a good bunch of lads and will be able to help with any questions you may have. (Shameless plug as I help look after this site.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back