• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Someone opened their door on me!

Hey guys,

I've never posted on here I normally just visit for guides and such.

Today when pulling into Tesco's to park a child which is no older than 4/5 decided to open their door on me as I'm pulling in.

This left me with a drivers side front panel with a dent.

The ladies BMW 1 series took the hit on the narrow edge of the door which basically meant the hinge dropped and couldn't close the door. No other obvious damage.

Couple questions, this can't be my fault?? A minor opening the door whilst not checking unsupervised it literally opened up whilst I was pulling in, in the dark as well.

How much is a new drivers side front panel (silver fn2) and whose fault is it really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

I've never posted on here I normally just visit for guides and such.

Today when pulling into Tesco's to park a child which is no older than 4/5 decided to open their door on me as I'm pulling in.

This left me with a drivers side front panel with a dent.

The ladies BMW 1 series took the hit on the narrow edge of the door which basically meant the hinge dropped and couldn't close the door. No other obvious damage.

Couple questions, this can't be my fault?? A minor opening the door whilst not checking unsupervised it literally opened up whilst I was pulling in, in the dark as well.

How much is a new drivers side front panel (silver fn2) and whose fault is it really?

Hi,

Mmmm were they any witnesses? By the letter of the law it may be classed as 'tit for tat'

Where about a are you based? Is it definate panel change or can the paint less dent removal not put it right?

My girlfriend was in the car and took pictures after which clearly show the damage was cause by someone opening the door on me. Clearly more than enough room.

It's a panel change it's a small but deep dent near where the light ends. It's also scratched the small wheel arch trim which can some close if you poke anything.

877c1a70cf1ffc503092bf1ad3c35183.jpg

Could be deemed to be your fault, as in you were moving into a space and potentially could be accused of not full attention.

This is simply me playing devil's advocate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My girlfriend was in the car and took pictures after which clearly show the damage was cause by someone opening the door on me. Clearly more than enough room.

It's a panel change it's a small but deep dent near where the light ends. It's also scratched the small wheel arch trim which can some close if u poke anything.

877c1a70cf1ffc503092bf1ad3c35183.jpg

Mmm I may not be the best to answer that one then. Others may have some expertise in this area.

I only asked because the paintless dent removal company near me, dent rewind, are absolutely brilliant at getting any sort of dent out, even those you don't think are possible.
They got a nasty one out of my drivers door, right on the crease where someone had been careless with opening their door - in a Honda dealership of all places!!!
It was a customer and not anybody associated with the dealer I might add...

I'm not overly fussed by it right now, more of an annoyance.

If it costs £100 for a panel or whatever second hand I'll dip into my pocket. Last thing I need right now what with being so busy at work!

Her fault. 4/5 year old and no child locks on is madness. Child locks should be on until kids are old enough to sit in the front seat.

Be a cheap fix, either replacing or repairing.
Be a good excuse to buy an aero bonnet & vented fenders :)

As a parent, that's lazy and irresponsible parenting. Even when stationary my little lad is never in the front unless he's in my arms or the central locking is dead locked. Even 11 and 12 year olds will blindly just swing a door open without looking!

As a parent, that's lazy and irresponsible parenting. Even when stationary my little lad is never in the front unless he's in my arms or the central locking is dead locked. Even 11 and 12 year olds will blindly just swing a door open without looking!

My friends lad has ADHD and is almost 13, the kid will just wander out into the road without looking!

Back