• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Sometimes there's a delay between pressing the accelerator and i going

This mainly happens with the air-con on and it's not consistent, only some times - the delay is slight, like 1/4 of a second, but it's noticeable.

Little bit about the car;

2010, 65k miles, 1 previous owner, full Honda service history, last serviced in March, done around 4k miles since then, service included; oil, oil filter, spark plugs, k&n panel filter.

The car idles smooth and quiet, in both the fast idle and when the car is warm - the only think I have noticed recently is that the exhaust note has changed to a more farty, "corsa bwaarp" sound in the past month or so.

I'm wondering if I need a new exhaust - would this increase throttle response at all without a remap? Or would it not really make any difference?

Cheers,
Ryan

Throttle response is mainly down to it being an electronic throttle pedal and not a cable, drive by wire as it's known. They all do it to some extent.

If it's serviced and not wanting an air filter or plugs, don't worry about it. Remapping is the only real, "Fix."

TDI north are coming up with some cracking maps for these cars now & quite cheap considering you needed hondata before any map was attempted.
You're in northants I'd pop & see TTS for mapping, they've done stuff with TDI in the past so might be able to do one of TDI's packages

Thanks for the feedback gents, I think 4k since it's last service isn't that long.

I did look a remapping when I first got it but the issue was the price - including the ECU you're looking at like £900-£1000 as far as I remember?

I have heard great reviews about it though, like the VTEC being dropped to 3.8k but only coming on if you're boot it? I often sit at 45 mph on an 60mph A road, wanting to overtake and thinking hmm 2nd only has 12mph left but 3rd doesn't have VTEC... Oh I won't bother until there's a big straight - lol.

I've also heard great things about TDi, one of my brothers friends had his civic turbo'd there and it was insane - I would make the journey if I was going to get a remap.

Wow... Am I reading that right? Including the ECU and remap it's £552 basic and £672 with the additions you selected?

Try fitting a standard genuine Honda air filter.

I had a dirty HKS panel in mine and the lag before actually going was really noticeable.
I put a brand new genuine Honda panel in and happy days - smooth pick up and accleration

No hesitancy now

Back