• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - amazing spray sealant

JMR

TRO Supporter
Just a heads up to some of you guys on here who haven't heard of this.:)

If you're striving to get that amazing water beading finish thats good value, easy to apply and last a good while, then look no further.:cool:

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - sounds too good to be true, bit of a crappy name though imo.:lol:
But if you grab a bottle of this (750ml for £11.99) I don't think you'll regret it.

I first used on my pearlescent white CR-Z a couple of weeks ago and noticed it got a lot less dirty, i.e less dirt sticking to it than previously.
It had its first wash at the weekend and after a weeks driving virtually all the dirt just hosed off!! :D

I was amazed to find the best beading of any product I've used before when washing

Even the plastics and windscreen showed great protection

All in all, very very impressed.
I gave the car a second coat just for good measure.

Cant wait to wash it again haha. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Also gave the mrs's car a once over too
Just as I finished the last wipe, the heavens opened. :mad:

However, i was instantly reassured that I'd got some protection on it :D

I think I will stick to the BSD on a monthly basis.
Really can't see the hassle in other waxes or sealants for this kind of money.

I know its just a load of blobs of water, but if this is what you're looking for you'll be happy to buy some.

I've used it too . It's great for the money. Really good beading !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive seen this advertised somewhere before, what the duration of this? been looking at optimum car wax as a fast wax and it lasts for about 5 weeks

ive seen this advertised somewhere before, what the duration of this? been looking at optimum car wax as a fast wax and it lasts for about 5 weeks

Cant say as I've only been using it a couple of weeks.
I was talking to RickHondaR the other day and he says 2-3 months its still going well.

I'll be able to update as mines a daily driver and does a fair few miles so its a good test of durability for anything I put on.

In these pictures do the cars have any existing waxes/sealants on them? I currently use Aqua Wax after a wash and that lasts me for roughly 3-4 weeks depending on how well I applied it. But this looks pretty good and is a similar price, can you also apply it to a wet car?

i think its recommended on a dry car, gets very high praise on DW over other spray sealants. Sonax do really good products, just some are a bit pricey.

In these pictures do the cars have any existing waxes/sealants on them? I currently use Aqua Wax after a wash and that lasts me for roughly 3-4 weeks depending on how well I applied it. But this looks pretty good and is a similar price, can you also apply it to a wet car?

The white CR-Z was wearing very little to be honest.
I think it last got a proper waxing last June, but I didn't drive it between August and December with the broken ankle/leg etc
At the time of applying the Sonax it would have the remnants of Raceglaze '55' on it.

The blue Clio had a coat of Carpro Hydro2 a week previous.
That product you can use on a wet car. Spray it on, then immediately pressure wash it off. Instant beading for 3 months they reckon.
But the first wash after Hydro2 didn't realise as good results as a wash of the CRZ with Sonax BSD on, so I added that on top of the Hydro.

HTH :)

Is this product apply after polish and gloss?

Yes, ideally after a sealant or wax, as a top up, monthly or so.
It tops up your protection, but it has great water behaviour - the rain just falls off it very quickly, leaving essentially dry panels.

Beading on flat panels means you have some water remaining there.
For how easy it is to apply, you could use it as a (very) quick detail spray after every wash and you'd prolong the longevity of your wax/sealant coat indefinitely!

Yes, ideally after a sealant or wax, as a top up, monthly or so.
It tops up your protection, but it has great water behaviour - the rain just falls off it very quickly, leaving essentially dry panels.

Beading on flat panels means you have some water remaining there.
For how easy it is to apply, you could use it as a (very) quick detail spray after every wash and you'd prolong the longevity of your wax/sealant coat indefinitely!

Cool, thanks. I don't apply polish and gloss every time I washed the car. Is it okay to use this wax instead?

I have been using this around 3 months and it is very good but don't apply to a hot car in strong sun as it just bakes on and it really hard work, when I now wash the car in these conditions I then apply CG V7 which is also very good but not as good as Sonax but a lot easier to use in hot conditions while I use BH Hydrawax QD in damp conditions. I will say I have been experimenting with car shampoos and different snow foams and even though they all claim not to remove your wax or polish etc it is surprising how many do reduce the beading massively as they are removing the products on the paint. So far I have found valet pro ph neutral snow foam to the best at not reducing beading of the products applied to the paint work.

For best value you can buy a lot of products in bulk at around 5 litres for £40 instead of half a litre for a tenner. I bought mine from clean your car.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered 5ltrs of CarChem shampoo for £20 on the group buy on DW has a dilution rate of 1900:1 which is over 400 washes, it's a good shampoo as well!

I just ordered 5ltrs of CarChem shampoo for £20 on the group buy on DW has a dilution rate of 1900:1 which is over 400 washes, it's a good shampoo as well!

So, you still washed your car as normal? Since, you've had the car wrapped?

Yes but I just use a standard shampoo and not a gloss enhancing one as my wrap is Matt. At the moment I'm using angel wax superior shampoo.

Back