• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spare key

Recently bought my CTR from a Ford dealer as they had it off the previous owner for part ex.
Trouble is it only has one key and fob, the ford dealer say thats all that they were given off the previous owner.

Is it easy enough for Honda to get a new key and fob or am i looking at an expensive job?

Maybe i should try to contact the previous owner off the V5 and ask if they still have it?

Recently bought my CTR from a Ford dealer as they had it off the previous owner for part ex.
Trouble is it only has one key and fob, the ford dealer say thats all that they were given off the previous owner.

Is it easy enough for Honda to get a new key and fob or am i looking at an expensive job?

Yes and yes.

Maybe i should try to contact the previous owner off the V5 and ask if they still have it?

Maybe but don't tell them where you live or you might not see your car again......

this might work, your insurance may provide you with a replacement key. it's a service you used to get on some policies.

whats the honda charge for a key and alarm fob (if seperate) these days out of interest.

Back