• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Speaker help ep3

Hi everyone,

My ep3 has the standard headunit and speakers in for now and there pants!

I'm not sure if the speakers have had it from previous owner or if they are just rubbish from standard.

anyways i am going to change the 4 speakers but i dont have a clue how to get to them at all? and for some reasons the rear drivers side speaker isnt working so i would like to have a look so if the connections are ok etc

Thank you

Chris.

depends how much you looking to spend dude, you can go all out and sound proof the doors, new wiring, amps and head unit etc.

theirs a "good how to guide" on here that shows how to get door pods of, which is quite easy actually, careful not to snap the speaker adaptor pods :lol:

the standard system is not that great, so anything you upgrade to will sound better ;)

I agreed with Type R magik. anythign will sound better than the standard ones.

I upgraded all of mine. did not spend a lot on it due to the fact that I got everything cheep out of halfords due to a good friend i have.

I did most of it my self and found it easy. Just be carefull with the clips. i broke too many. Haha.

good luck mate.

Hi everyone,

My ep3 has the standard headunit and speakers in for now and there pants!

I'm not sure if the speakers have had it from previous owner or if they are just rubbish from standard.

anyways i am going to change the 4 speakers but i dont have a clue how to get to them at all? and for some reasons the rear drivers side speaker isnt working so i would like to have a look so if the connections are ok etc

Thank you

Chris.

all four speakers in an ep3 are 6.5". you can access the rear one's by putting a small flat headed screwdriver into a slot on the cover and prise the cover off. to get into the fronts you have to take the door card off, to do this you will have to put a short screwdriver into a hole behind the silver door handle cover and push it out, remove the screws then gently start to pull the card off starting at the bottom and work your way around to the top.

I was going to ask the same question but found this useful thread, I was thinking of getting 6x9's for the rear shelf but think I will replace the standard rear speakers with some Vibes

Back