• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon monobloc calipers with EP3 standard rims.

Cheers mate but I bought some 5mm spacers at 5:30, too late to take it back to the garage. I just hope that's enough clearance.

Just try them out, unbolt the standard calipers and test fit the spoons.
That's what I did on the S2000 when I found out they wouldn't fit under my Mugen GP's or standard 16's.

5mm spaces are a perfect the wheel just misses the caliper as you can see from the pic, you can just see the spacer

Attachments

• ebay 053.jpg
    ebay 053.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 80
Thanks alot for your help guys, that pic with 5mm spacers has cheered me up also :D

Joe, the studs should be OK with 5mm spacers, but it's an excuse to buy new alloys :D

Should I put 5mm spacers on the rear in the meantime, to balance out the, er, weight/alignment/grip?

5mm is fine i ran h&r spacers of that size with spoon brakes. I also put a set of the spacers on the back too in order to keep a consistent track.

Just thinking, apart from monies, there's no difference between adding 5mm spacers or alloys with 5mm less offset is there?

Might keep the spacers and buy longer studs then. Anyone know if that's a DIY job and where to get the studs?

Cheers.

Just thinking, apart from monies, there's no difference between adding 5mm spacers or alloys with 5mm less offset is there?

Might keep the spacers and buy longer studs then. Anyone know if that's a DIY job and where to get the studs?

Cheers.

If you can get the alloys, then in theory no. However you may still need longer studs as the material will be on the flange rather than the spacer.

If the S2000 studs fit then I have some of those also, H&R say as long as you have 3 turns of a wheel nut then longer studs aren't required. Personally I wouldn't be happy with three turns..........

Nick those Spoon calipers are going to look the nuts.

Get down to JAE ya big sissy!!!!

Fitted them, I reckon 3mm spacers would have done the job, plenty room there.

10072009324.jpg

Back