• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

spoon n1 & b pipe fitting

Picking up those two over the weekend to fit to the std cat. Read from the other forum that flanges need to be modified. Are those modifications difficult to do and any special tools/skills required? Planning to change them myself but if too difficult would leave to the experts at garage.

The flanges need to be increased in size, not by much though and its something you could easily do yourself with a dremel.

I've heard its easy to do depends how rusted in the bolts are. Its not something I would do myself as i'd rather pay a garage £20 to fit it.

problem is garage charge £40 per hour and no guarantee the job would be finished in under one hour.

So what you have to do is just rim the bolt holes on the flange out a bit?

I wouldn't have the tools for that job myself.

You would think Spoon would have made a b-pipe specific for our Euro CTR's by now wouldn't you :? :lol:

Chief said:
The flanges need to be increased in size, not by much though and its something you could easily do yourself with a dremel.

I've heard its easy to do depends how rusted in the bolts are. Its not something I would do myself as i'd rather pay a garage £20 to fit it.

Remove the old rusty bolts and use new ones and then the flange needs no modding! :wink:

Tom@TGM did this with mine as the old bolts were shafted :lol:

Redcap said:
Chief said:

Remove the old rusty bolts and use new ones and then the flange needs no modding! :wink:

Tom@TGM did this with mine as the old bolts were shafted :lol:

Dunno whats going on, Tom increased the holes on the flange when he was fitting my Spoon B-Pipe, wierd stuff ;)

Chief said:
Dunno whats going on, Tom increased the holes on the flange when he was fitting my Spoon B-Pipe, wierd stuff ;)

Maybe yours didn't need swapping? mine did for sure. 8)

csiu said:
problem is garage charge £40 per hour and no guarantee the job would be finished in under one hour.

Even with them making the holes bigger it should not take your garage more than half an hour to do the whole job.

The flanges needed increasing on mine - managed to do it with a circular file and a bit of elbow grease.

Hardest thing was gettting the fooking rubbers off the hangers! Shouldnt take longer than an hour to do the whole job.

danr said:
The flanges needed increasing on mine - managed to do it with a circular file and a bit of elbow grease.

Hardest thing was gettting the fooking rubbers off the hangers! Shouldnt take longer than an hour to do the whole job.

WD40

Back