• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon n1 rep

Has anyone used a spoon n1 rep back box with a standard b pipe? I'm after something that's not loud for day to day driving.

If its anything like the genuine it will be fairly loud tbh. Search YouTube there's loads of videos of the real Spoon N1's on there mated to the OEM centre section.

A back box won't get any gains over the standard though will it? As far as I'm aware, the standard one is good for 300bhp? I must be getting old lol I like the look of the N1 but I don't want the huge sound when I'm pottering about town, obviously when hitting vtec ill accept elevated noise levels! Will I get relatively unintrusive sound with an N1 back box for every day pottering?

A back box won't get any gains over the standard though will it? As far as I'm aware, the standard one is good for 300bhp? I must be getting old lol I like the look of the N1 but I don't want the huge sound when I'm pottering about town, obviously when hitting vtec ill accept elevated noise levels! Will I get relatively unintrusive sound with an N1 back box for every day pottering?

To my knowledge, to see any real gains you would need to change alot more than just the backbox i.e. I believe the b-pipe is the more restrictive part of the system then obviously you have the cat, etc. I'm not sure on the maximum power the OEM system can take I would imagine around the 280-300 mark :confused: but from what I have read you would need pretty deep pockets to reach that sort of power and would need a turbo/supercharger.

I've always liked the dual ended exhaust on the EP3's but I've learned to love my N1 and what I like most is it isn't overkill like some of the oversized paint cans you see stuck on the bottom of cars, it is a bit noisey but it depends on what you want to tolerate, I'm 22 so still have a bit of a teen in me so don't mind it but I can see how others get annoyed after a while, if you're doing regular motorway journeys then I probably wouldn't recommend it whereas low revs around town... it isn't so bad and yes in VTEC it does sound pretty nice ;)

sorry for the essay but hope it helps :D

To get to the figures quoted in a naturally aspirated engine you would be talking silly money, possibly going down the K20/24 route. With just a back box you'll be lucky to even a single brake horse, the oem centre section is a little restrictive, so it is a good place to start, but you will add noise as a side effect. The K20 can be a bitch to get masses of power from staying NA, turbos and Superchargers are an easy way of getting power, but even they have their pit falls, mainly the cost.

You would be better off getting a unsilenced supersprint b pipe and leaving the standard back box, as the centre pipe is the most restrictive not the back box that is good for 300bhp
Has anyone used a spoon n1 rep back box with a standard b pipe? I'm after something that's not loud for day to day driving.

Is the jperformance the best N1 rep to go for? Anyone on here had any issues with jperformance? The other one I've seen is a toyosports n1 rep, any experience of these?

The type R was not a cheap car when it was released. Replica models need not apply. Just wait for a second hand one :)

Blue Flame aren't renowned for making the best exhausts anyway. Not familiar with Pipe Works.

Really? They must've gone crap now because I've had 2 of their systems in the past and they've been great? They make Aston martins exhausts and lotus or at least they did...

Really? They bought the Magnex name after Magnex went bust in 2007 to try and gain some credibility...

Thin, poorly welded, push fit systems are all I've seen from them recently.

My mate just got a rep of the Spoon N1, he got the full system Cat Back from eBay. The quality is surprisingly good tbh. He used his existing unsilenced centre section and mated it to the Back Box he got. It sounds fantastic, exactly like my old N1 used to, I have the centre pipe at the moment to put up for sale on here for him. It's all stainless steel, the welds look pretty good, the hangers are fit perfectly. I was actually surprised at it, I think if they didn't market them as Spoon Replicas, they wouldn't be looked down on as much, if they just sold them as a branded exhaust that costs less, it might make the difference.

Fair enough if he has a good one but eBay knock offs are hit and miss. The real thing is always good :)

My mate just got a rep of the Spoon N1, he got the full system Cat Back from eBay. The quality is surprisingly good tbh. He used his existing unsilenced centre section and mated it to the Back Box he got. It sounds fantastic, exactly like my old N1 used to, I have the centre pipe at the moment to put up for sale on here for him. It's all stainless steel, the welds look pretty good, the hangers are fit perfectly. I was actually surprised at it, I think if they didn't market them as Spoon Replicas, they wouldn't be looked down on as much, if they just sold them as a branded exhaust that costs less, it might make the difference.

Pretty much spot on. Question, is your friend partialy deaf? I only ask as i had (for one day) the spoon rep with unsileneced backbox, loud lol

Pretty much spot on. Question, is your friend partialy deaf? I only ask as i had (for one day) the spoon rep with unsileneced backbox, loud lol

It's loud outside at the moment but not too bad inside. He's used to a 106 Rallye on bodies though, so the noise doesn't bother him :lol:

Ah fair one. As soon as I put mine on I knew it wasn't the best move. Stood behind the car and it felt like the ground was shaking lol. Still haven't found the perfect exhaust.

Back