• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Are these any good for a stop gap? or isit best to keep the oem mid pipe. Ive done a search on sportex not much comes up.

Many Thanks

It's a pipe that runs from your cat to your backbox, as long as the flanges seal effectively, they're all much of a muchness. The only real variation between them is that some have silencers and some don't. It will be considerably louder at full throttle if it does not have a silencer. The OEM B-pipe is considered one of the most restrictive parts of the exhaust system and thus gains are to be had from upgrading it. Like any engine/breathing mod on the EP3, you will need a remap to realise it's full potential.

That's assuming the Sportex is bigger bore than OEM, otherwise it'll be pretty much the same.

Aim for a 2.5inch Supersprint if you just fancy replacing the b-pipe. It goes raspy :)

Has anyone fitted a sportex b pipe? They are 2.5", and only £65 on ebay... Looking at this, or going to a custom exhaust shop, price dependant.

i have a sportex b pipe, fits perfectly. its cheaper becuase it isnt stainless so wont last as long. but it made the standard exhaust louder but i didnt realy like a raspy/tinnyness of the standard backbox.
i have a magnex now so its all good :)

Decided to fit one of these sportex ones aswell at the weekend.
Got it from there website for 54 squids, which is a good price.
But had to go to honda and get a new set of studs for the cat as they where little piles of rust.

They are made of mild steel i guess but coated in some sort of black paint/ powder coating.

Fitted really well apart from a slight modification grinding down some of the welds at the cat end so the bolts would sit flat.

but like i said it fitted a dream.

I had to drop the entire exhaust from the manifold header back as every bolt was a pile of rust, but nice to know it has all gone back together with shiny new nuts and bolts.

One other things to add, i got the un-silenced one and its NOT loud at all............... quit surprised. Has a little bit of raspyness low down but that's it.

I think these sportex b-pipes are well worth the money, (its not always about buying the most expensive bit of kit)

Decided to fit one of these sportex ones aswell at the weekend.
Got it from there website for 54 squids, which is a good price.
But had to go to honda and get a new set of studs for the cat as they where little piles of rust.

They are made of mild steel i guess but coated in some sort of black paint/ powder coating.

Fitted really well apart from a slight modification grinding down some of the welds at the cat end so the bolts would sit flat.

but like i said it fitted a dream.

I had to drop the entire exhaust from the manifold header back as every bolt was a pile of rust, but nice to know it has all gone back together with shiny new nuts and bolts.

One other things to add, i got the un-silenced one and its NOT loud at all............... quit surprised. Has a little bit of raspyness low down but that's it.

I think these sportex b-pipes are well worth the money, (its not always about buying the most expensive bit of kit)

Nice one Dave, any chance you could record the noise it makes? I love the sound of the supersprint B pipe, and want to see how they compare :)

Yep ive just recently fitted a sportex mid pipe too! sounds incredible just how it should have sounded from the factory! but again was a pain to fit! same problem with the welds around the flange! plus there was an O-ring gasket right inside the cat end which i hadnt planned for! it mangled up when i took it out and had to get loads of lifts around to track down one of these! euro car parts were rubish but walked straight into unipart and they knew exactally what i was looking for!

Sportex 2.5" unsilenced b-pipe. Filmed with an external mic, it's not that loud in the cabin!

[video=youtube;179cwNgUIxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=179cwNgUIxE&feature=plcp[/video]

[video=youtube;TSMrbuaSObs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSMrbuaSObs&feature=relmfu[/video]

I've been doing a bit of budget b-pipe hunting and this does sound like it has a nice note to it, but is a little loud for my liking, may have to re-think my options -.-

It's very nearly stock, hondata airbox mod with a spoon filter plus the b-pipe.

a little loud for my liking

Seriously bud, it's not loud at all, remember these videos were filmed with a good quality external mic about a foot from the exhaust. When driving normally it's barely louder than oem, just a bit deeper. But it does howl at high rpm! I love it.

Well for the price sportex are knocking them out at currently (about £54 iirc) Im going to give it a go, I do love hearing a screaming vtec :)

I shall let you know how it goes in a couple of weeks and get a video up on this thread

I have also fitted one of these. Same issues experienced but well worth it. I didn't grind the weld down at the cat end, just tightened the nuts right up :). I am more than happy with the sound created, just need to mod my air box now!

That scenery is amazing by the way!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There really isnt any rectifying as such....... Its a perfect fit from the original pipe. As long as all the bolts are done up tight and you use some gasket filler you will be fine. No more work then is required for fitting any other mid pipe. But Spoon and Supersprint do a b pipe as well.

Back