• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Right, finally fitted one of these (after an original post in this thread in May last year :|). My mate fitted it at his garage, had to do a bit of grinding/use washers to make it fit at the CAT end. The welds were huge, so stopped the nuts from tightening flush against the flange.

Anyway, can't complain for the price of one of these things, makes a nice tone, and a change from the standard pipe (which is far too quiet).

I still think i'll replace it when I fit a new backbox though, just to have a cat-back stainless (that fits properly)

Tis a pain to fit isn't it! Would be super loud with a spoon rep I would imagine! (If the spoon rep is half as loud as the original)

What does it sound like mate? Much louder? Much more raspy? I have the oval on now and just ordered the b pipe

its quite loud bud, but as jonno56 said the welds are a pain at the cat end. to fit it flush you will have to grind the welds a bit. i have taken it off and i am considering getting the scorpion pipe which is stainless and i have been told by members who have the scorpion pipe it sounds really good. if you want the rasp fit the standard backbox on it. but i thought it sounded too tinny!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah really never simple is it, how does the gasket work with the bore been 2.5"? Are you happy with yours mate?

sorry did you mean the cat gasket or the backbox gasket? silly me... i have my backbox on with stainless powerflow pipe and it only fits on so far but it does fit

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the jap/tuner style scorpion back box ready to go onto my b-pipe just haven't got around to it yet with all the cold weather! I was giving it some thought About how noisey it will be and I can't imagine it will be too bad (although it will be loud) because scorpion already sell an unsilenced system!

Yeah i seen the scorpion b pipe i didnt dare go for it when the title said "louder" my scorpion backbox sounds a bit more quiet now and like its lost a bit of tone im wondering if my centerpipe has a hole or something, my new sportex b pipe comes today so it shouldnt be a problem anymore

I've also been looking for a new backbox to mate to my sportex, something that stands out a bit. I'd like a kick style japcan, there's only one made for the EP3 that I can find and I'm not keen on it, so I'll probably have to get something custom made. I've never used a 'universal' backbox before, I was thinking that most of them will be LOUD with my sportex pipe, what do you guys think?

Something like this with a kick style is what I'm after.
m_13216_xh09f_zpsf641d8e6.jpg

I think 95% of all after market rear boxes are going to be silly loud with an unsilenced centre! I'm not to keen on the look of those rear boxes tbh

Yep, that's what I'm afraid of. I want it a bit louder than sportex and oem box, but not so that it will bug me on long drives. I know that what I'm trying to do won't be to everybody's tastes! There certainly doesn't seem to be any manufacturers out there that agree with me about the ideal EP3 exhaust....

I'll have to ring around a few custom builders to sort out a plan.

Well mine has arrived today so that will be getting fitted on saturday, i hope it goes nice with my already fitted scorpion backbox!

It's going to be a nightmare vases :p the sportex b pipes are good but a pain in the ass to get on! Did you say you had a scorpion back box? Any change of a vid once you've got yours on?

Back