• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

In My opioion these sportex b pipes are crap !i had one fitted to My Saxo vtr they just rust and fall apart after a year .

You get a two year warranty with them though, yes they are mild steel, but cant complain for the price. Im using mine as a stop gap until i find the right stainless system.

can anyone tell me isit ok to get a custom exhaust, say long life for example. would I get the same gains as say a spoon or supersprint full through? I have been quoted 280 cat back, stainless steel with silenced b pipe. I'm struggling to think why it could be worse, grateful for any help guys

I think good gains in exhausts are down to the bore of the tubes and the quality/smoothness of the bends! So I suppose with a custom one it's only going to be as good as the guy making it? I haven't heard much about long life exhausts, good or bad...

I think good gains in exhausts are down to the bore of the tubes and the quality/smoothness of the bends! So I suppose with a custom one it's only going to be as good as the guy making it? I haven't heard much about long life exhausts, good or bad...

I see, mate had a 3 inch bore cat back with oval back box put on his astra mk3 turbo. looks very well built. I don't like the idea of paying the prices of the top brands so if that's the only reason think I'll just take the chance, unless I hear of any other reason. got a week or two until I stump up the cash.
thanks for the help anyway mate

the type r is not a turbo astra the bigger the bore off the exhaust aint always best unless you have a super charger fitted to your ep3 I wouldn't recommend it you wikl end up losing power a 2.25/2.5" b pipe is the most popular choice for a type r
I see, mate had a 3 inch bore cat back with oval back box put on his astra mk3 turbo. looks very well built. I don't like the idea of paying the prices of the top brands so if that's the only reason think I'll just take the chance, unless I hear of any other reason. got a week or two until I stump up the cash.
thanks for the help anyway mate

the type r is not a turbo astra the bigger the bore off the exhaust aint always best unless you have a super charger fitted to your ep3 I wouldn't recommend it you wikl end up losing power a 2.25/2.5" b pipe is the most popular choice for a type r
cheers for the advise mate was just using it as an example

Where's the best place to order a sportex center pipe from been looking on eBay but was wondering if there was anywhere cheaper ?

In case anyone is interested, my car has the unsilenced b-pipe with OEM back box, cat and manifold and at Castle Combe it read 91db static.

Back