• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

Was planning to go to Spa for a trackday next year, when the date came up it clashed with work. I was / am gutted. The missus asked me what I wanted for Xmas, socks, pants etc etc. When I mentioned about something for the car I got the stock reply 'I'm not buyiing anything for that thing, you spend more time & money on it than me'!

Anyway, after much persuasion I managed to get her to stump up for a private reg. I couldn't get something relevant to me personally as it would have been too expensive. Having a look at what was available I ended up with this..............

IMG_0203_zps64979a8a.jpg

It will go on the car as soon as the DVLA send the paperwork back.:D

Staffs Deltic FN2

Was planning to go to Spa for a trackday next year, when the date came up it clashed with work. I was / am gutted. The missus asked me what I wanted for Xmas, socks, pants etc etc. When I mentioned about something for the car I got the stock reply 'I'm not buyiing anything for that thing, you spend more time & money on it than me'!

Anyway, after much persuasion I managed to get her to stump up for a private reg. I couldn't get something relevant to me personally as it would have been too expensive. Having a look at what was available I ended up with this..............

IMG_0203_zps64979a8a.jpg

I like that and the bonnet, 2 good mods

Well the DVLA have done their bit mega quick. Plate now on the car.
icon_biggrin.gif

Can definitely say that is the last mod of 2012! Happy new year to everyone.
icon_smile.gif

Re: Staffs Deltic FN2

am loving the bonnet and plate nice mods bud:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

love the bonnet and this car was looking at plates myself couldnt see anything maybe need to be more imaginative only one i liked was ty11per until my car had to be reg after march 2011

Hi Paul,

Just read through your build thread from start to finish, lovely example of an FN2 mate :)

Loxy pointed me in your direction, I am currently running a modified EP3 but have always retained my OEM manifold and cat to avoid the ballache that comes at MOT time.
The plan is to purchase a 400cel cat and have it welded into my B pipe so that I can have a race header fitted whilst still keeping the car MOT friendly which looks to be exactly the same route went down :) I just wondered how you were getting on with it so far and if its been through a MOT as yet?

any help and advice would be brilliant thanks mate :)

IMG_0203_zps64979a8a.jpg

Funny you should say that about wanted xmas pressies, got the same reaction from my missus aswell!! Great motor aswell!!

Hi Paul,

Just read through your build thread from start to finish, lovely example of an FN2 mate :)

Loxy pointed me in your direction, I am currently running a modified EP3 but have always retained my OEM manifold and cat to avoid the ballache that comes at MOT time.
The plan is to purchase a 400cel cat and have it welded into my B pipe so that I can have a race header fitted whilst still keeping the car MOT friendly which looks to be exactly the same route went down :) I just wondered how you were getting on with it so far and if its been through a MOT as yet?

any help and advice would be brilliant thanks mate :)

Pete, thanks for the comments.

I haven't taken the car for an MOT yet but don't expect there to be an issue as the Mugen M20's have their cat in the same place as mine (under the driver's seat in place of the front silencer). You looking to install near the front of the B pipe?

Hi Paul

Thanks for the info, yes thats the plan mate I am looking at either the Piper or Tegiwa header and then as my Piper cat back system is the dual silenced version I would get the DIY cat kit welded into the B pipe as high up as possible probably replacing the first of the silencers.

I have been through google and read so many bits of info on cat cells I am surprised I am not waking up in cold sweats in the middle of the night haha, 200cel cats seem a bit hit and miss when being put through the emissions test which is why the 400cel is really appealing and its good to get some advice from someone who has actually gone and done this :)

Ha ha, I spent plenty of time reading through loads of rubbish! I spoke to a couple of places as well before deciding which road to go down. ABP do the piper manifold with a 200cel cat and in their words 'there is a knack to getting it passed the emissions'. The cat needs to be glowing hot basically to pass an MOT. Also by having the cat in the manifold it restricts the design of it and this also can affect the power & torque available. I opted for the 400cel and the difference power wise was 4bhp at top end with no loss of torque, which I am more than happy with.:D

I know search engines can be helpful in places but also a nightmare in others lol, one owner said his 100cel cat genuinely passed every year without fail and then you get another saying his 200cel failed by a considerable level despite only being 8 months old :eek: I have decided to go for the Tegiwa header and have their 400cel cat kit welded into the system so it will be quite similar to your set up with the difference of it being on a single exit EP3 set up rather than the dual FN2.

Paul at TDI said that with the mods I am already running a header will make a massive difference so I cant wait to get booked in now that I have made a decision, thanks again for all your help on this mate your comments and build thread right ups really helped me to make my decision :)

Little Update:

Finally got around to buying and fitting these...............

Only fitted the top and front mounts for now. Vibration is not too bad but noticeable. If it settles down enough I may consider the gearbox mount being fitted. Either ways the transformation of the gear change is unreal. Feels like a different car changing gear is so smooth and the notch y feeling from standard has gone.
icon_biggrin.gif

Managed to get hold of a 2nd hand set of Stoptech rear discs which were basically brand new having covered around 1000 miles. Had these fitted and replaced the rear pads with EBC yellowstuff.

Brake pedal feel is vastly improved from before. There again looking at the state of the pads that came off there is no wonder.......

Think they were due for replacing.
icon_smile.gif

Back