• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Standard discs with aftermarket pads

Will standard discs and foredo or stoptech pads be a good combination, not after anything to stop me on a fifty pence peice but the car gets used a lot so I'd like something a little bit more durable and better, the Mrs is brake happy too :eek::lol:, also is it worth doin the same on the rear or is it just OEM on pads and discs for the rear as I've noticed a few owners say it's a waiste of money spending on rears.

Yes. Also braided lines and uprated fluid such as rbf 600 makes a world of difference.

Keep the rear oem.

Everyone mentions braided lines, does anyone notice a difference on these alone? I appreciate most people get them done with new pads and discs so they will notice a difference there but has anyone just changed braided lines alone and noticed a difference?

Yeah the braided lines do make quite a bit of difference with some good brake fluid. For the money well worth doing.

I've heard the Ferodo DS2500, which I guess is what you're referring to are quite dusty (not used them myself), but another one for the mix could be the Project Mu HC800 pads.

The braided lines make a very good difference, when normally you press hard on the brake it will feel quite spongey, with the braided lines they don't expand like rubber, so they keep the pedal nice and firm :)

As above, you'll notice a difference on the pedal with just braided lines, but it's an ideal time to put better fluid in as you'd need to bleed the brakes at the very least anyway.

I only ask I am changing my brakes, going ADL blueprint all round bar the front pads, they will be PBS pads and I will put in RBF600 brake fluid, but doing the additional brake lines are an extra £200 inc labour as they are a pain to change so was wondering if the extra £200 is worth it

The upgrade is worth it, the money depends on your perspective really! I did mine myself and got my brother to help bleed it after.

I paid £40 labour for braided lines (TGM braided lines £70 - bargain & excellent quality) to be fitted with RBF 600 (which I got from opies or tegiwa - either are decently priced)
So £200 including lines seems very steep!

The lines are worth it

cheers guys, I was going to get HEL or Goodrich but I will call TGM tomorrow and see what they charge. Stevie from Grinspeed was charging too much for the brake lines

Cheers guys going with braded lines OEM discs with foredo pads, just had my brakes checked and they are really to the end lol not good for these times of the year, also RBF fluid is great for the price.

I would recommend the Goodridge braided lines, I've heard some bad stories about the quality of the Hel lines, just to be on the safe side.

The TGM lines are cracking quality if they have any left, any others who have had them will also vouch for them.
No you don't get a choice of fancy coloured sleeves you don't see but who GAF

If not as Adam says the goodridge are better than the HEL

Back