• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steamy windows

Well i think i've found out my problem. I had the trim off the tailgate yesterday because the rear window wasn't heating up after having oem tinted windows fitted. When i took off the centre section of trim it was full of water. There's wire running through the top of the tailgate which have some foam on them. these were so wet i could wring them out. Seems like waters managing to get into the tailgate from the roof/tailgate line. Anyone had problems with this before? Tailgate seal looks fine and in good nick but might just get another one as a matter of course. Think this would explain why my windows steam from the rear quarters forward.....Think i'll take a hair dryer to it today and see if that makes a difference. Still need to find out fow its getting in though.....

I'm sure I heard on the grapevine that water gets in via the aerial on civics. Don't take that as gospel though, and not sure how that would effect water in your tailgate.

Well i think i've found out my problem. I had the trim off the tailgate yesterday because the rear window wasn't heating up after having oem tinted windows fitted. When i took off the centre section of trim it was full of water. There's wire running through the top of the tailgate which have some foam on them. these were so wet i could wring them out. Seems like waters managing to get into the tailgate from the roof/tailgate line. Anyone had problems with this before? Tailgate seal looks fine and in good nick but might just get another one as a matter of course. Think this would explain why my windows steam from the rear quarters forward.....Think i'll take a hair dryer to it today and see if that makes a difference. Still need to find out fow its getting in though.....

I have this as well, currently in the process of removing all of the rear interior to find the leak!! Can you keep this thread updated with how you get on please mate? I will update as well..
So far i have been told to try the lights and spoiler. Looks like its comming from the light area on both sides but for the life of me i can't pinpoint it!

Back