• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Stereo Aux and induction

There's bound to have been something about this already but i cant find it! Im looking to change the Induction system soon, and ive been told about AEM's Cold Air Induction? Is this the best one? If it isnt can someone please recommend one. GruppeM is to rich for my pocket sadly!

Also how easy is it to remove the standard head unit to put an AUX cable into it? Anyone got and instructions or diagrams would be really helpful! Thanks very much.

Sizey

There's bound to have been something about this already but i cant find it! Im looking to change the Induction system soon, and ive been told about AEM's Cold Air Induction? Is this the best one? If it isnt can someone please recommend one. GruppeM is to rich for my pocket sadly!

Also how easy is it to remove the standard head unit to put an AUX cable into it? Anyone got and instructions or diagrams would be really helpful! Thanks very much.

Sizey

I dont think you can put an AUX cable into it, as for induction kits, there is a good sticky at the top of the Air intduction page, http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=60839

Put a pipercross induction kit on my FN2...tis awesome!

No idea about the head-unit...its fully integrated into the dash. Good luck with that!

I've got an AEM on my FN2 dude, its very good aby all accounts but it doesn't like being stuck in traffic on hot days - heatsoak becomes an issue. I'd recommend it.

DSC_0666.jpg

Thanks for your input guys! Ill check out that link asap! Apparently there is an AEM Cold Feed Induction Kit. The filter drops down just behind the bumper. I heard anyway..... Is anyone going to the Jap Fest Final in october?

Thanks for your input guys! Ill check out that link asap! Apparently there is an AEM Cold Feed Induction Kit. The filter drops down just behind the bumper. I heard anyway..... Is anyone going to the Jap Fest Final in october?

The CAI that goes behind the bumper is for the EP3, this is the FN2 section :confused:

Apologies! I was told there was a CAI for the FN2. Spoke to a company near me called Silverback Performance, he's checking out some prices and parts for me! Ill keep you all posted! Definately worth a look though. :D

www.silverbackperformance.co.uk

Just to let you know, its quite easy to take the dash apart on the FN2, pictures make it look complicated but it really isnt!

Hi Guys

In regards to the stereo OEM headunit , the brochure says it has added security features ? Does anyone know what these features are ?

Thanks..;)

Back