• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

stereom1ke's FN2 Type R GT Deep Pearl Bronze. 1st Type R.

Honda Civic Type R FN2 GT

Forum Name:
Stereom1ke
Driver Name:
Mike Donnelly
Car:
Honda Civic Type R FN2 GT
Type R Number:
R-09050
Date Of Purchase:
31/05/2012
Car Age:
2007 (57)
Car Milage:
Car Colour:
Deep Pearl Bronze

SPEC:

Engine/Transmission:
2 litre 200bhp K20 vtec engine
J’s Racing magnetic sump plug
6 speed manual gearbox
Interior:
Alcantara & red cloth trimmed interior
Multi Function Steering Wheel (cruise control, stereo controls & dash display)
Aluminium pedals and footrest

GT Extras:
Air Conditioning
Cruise Control
Fog lights
Automatic Lights
Automatic Wipers
Dual curtain airbags
Power folding door mirrors
Chilled glove box
Optional Extras:
Deep Pearl Bronze paintwork
Genuine Honda rear parking sensors
Chassis:
Eibach pro kit 15mm springs
Eibach camber bolts front
Eibach shims rear
Tdi Fast Road set-up
18” alloy wheels
OMP Rear strut brace
Brakes:
Cosworth Streetmaster brake pads front & rear
Extras:
Up rated stereo: OE head unit Hertz ESK 165 Components (front) Hertz HE4 Amp Hertz 12in Sub + Box. Dice iPod Controller. Parrott Bluetooth hands free kit.
Future Plans:
HKS Racing suction induction kit
Heatshield
remap
Milltek cat back exhaust system
Mugen intake scoops
J’s racing front strut brace
J’s racing floor bar
J’s racing c-pillar brace
J’s racing oil cap
J’s racing radiator cap
Skunk2 gear knob
Mugen short shifter
Tegiwa battery tie bar
Carbon spark plug cover
Earthing kit
Cox Motorsport carbon dash panels
Spoon reservoir socks
HID’s
Tints

After owning an EP2 for the best part of two years it was time for a change, something similar in terms of practicality and reliability, but with a little more horsepower. I liked my EP2 that much that I was certain I would buy a JDM EP3 or a late premier edition. In my time owning my 2002 52’ EP2 I always envied the reliable engine, electrics and mechanical components of the car and how they all worked. (This wasn’t much to ask of a car having previously owned a clio). I always found the car comfortable on long journeys to and from my parents who are based in Doncaster. It had a large boot for a hatch back, and plenty of room in the rear especially when the seats were folded down. It never missed a beat and was consistently good on fuel giving me 35+ mpg despite thrashing the pants off it and using vtec. However, in the past few months and before deciding to sell my EP2, I changed my mind away from an EP3 and started to fancy an FN2. I have been a member on forums such as civinfo, type r owners, civictype-r.co.uk and so on. Having done a bit of research and reading into other forum members threads I began to realise that the FN2 was a more grown-up, practical and sensible every day car that still offered good performance but yet kept its reliability what with it still having that trust worthy and iconic K20 Engine under the bonnet. Looks wise I was completely sold on both its exterior and interior styling. I was still keen to learn more about how to ‘transform’ one so to speak and it struck me very quickly that not a lot was required, HKS racing suction kit, Eibach pro springs kit, J’s racing strut bars, a cat back exhaust and some decent brakes would make this a much more competitive car. I had set my heart on purchasing an alabaster Silver FN2 having owned a NHB EP2, but when I saw this car with this spec and at such a good price advertised on the forum I couldn’t possibly say no, and not long after , the vehicle was purchased.

I Drove the car back last night and got home quite late and had to be up for work today at 4am. I finished at 3pm today and had a little detailing session on the interior, de-stickered and removed the 'civic' badge.

I took a few iphone pictures this afternoon after work, not the best quality but when Ive given it a proper detail I shall post some more professional pictures.

This is the first Type R I have owned and what a great birthday present to myself as I turn 24 on sunday.

Enjoy

c417d3e5.jpg

9653147f.jpg

76b417ec.jpg

b6ed2b23.jpg

772bcbaa.jpg

4da86d11.jpg

cc43ec90.jpg

276f29f9.jpg

d5c3d67d.jpg

755bfd88.jpg

fc7d6c2d.jpg

225fff47.jpg

What a sod that alot of your future plans are things that Ed removed and sold prior to you picking up the car! :lol: But at least you'll have the fun of sourcing and fitting the parts yourself this way. :smt023

What a sod that alot of your future plans are things that Ed removed and sold prior to you picking up the car! :lol: But at least you'll have the fun of sourcing and fitting the parts yourself this way. :smt023

I had a few of them :lol:

Great car mate, I do like the FN2 in all the colours :rolleyes: im a bit sad the new Civic doesn't have the Triangle outlets :(

Great car mate, I do like the FN2 in all the colours :rolleyes: im a bit sad the new Civic doesn't have the Triangle outlets :(
I think the lackof Triangle outlets is the least of the new Civics problems. Have you seen that back end...

01_exterior.jpg

*Shudder*
That has to be one of the worst looking cars ever made.

Anyway, nice care Mike. Looks to be in top notch condition.

Thanks Nick! Yeah the majority of the car is in good condition. In need of a good detail and the mods planned. Overall very happy :).

I think the lackof Triangle outlets is the least of the new Civics problems. Have you seen that back end...

01_exterior.jpg

*Shudder*
That has to be one of the worst looking cars ever made.

Anyway, nice care Mike. Looks to be in top notch condition.
Could not agree more, how does a new model look older than the last?? :confused:

Back