• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ste's new car. Cayman S

Thanks guys, still looking into the remap at the moment!

also getting my driveway done at home so I've been busy with that!

So all cree led bulbs now fitted.

Fog/home bulbs

Reg plate bulbs

Side light bulbs

Tax disc holer I found in the glovebox, so figured it was better than the crappy one the dealer had fitted

The wheel bolts were all rusted too, so gave painting them a try, if they go rusty again really soon I'll buy new ones! Worth a try though.

Before

Bolts rusty

Quick paint

Much better

Also got some of these to protect the carbon ceramic discs and shiney calipers!

First off lovely car Ste! Never really looked into Porsches before, though this is epic!

Just a quick one, these CREE bulbs, are these the brand people go for that are changing out crappy OEM yellow in headlights? I've got some DRL's on my A4 and they are crud compared to the main xenon lights and I reckon these could work well.

Hello mate, thank you very much.

cree is a ultra bright led bulb, I think one cree led is as bright as 25 5050 smd led's or something.

definaty worth the extra cost

Ok so I fitted a set of these number plate lights (same seller) and now they have stopped working :/

keep an eye out for yours going too

Last edited by a moderator:
Well fitted the gt3 throttle body, ipd plenum, intake pipe and bmc air filter yesterday. I also remapped the Ecu so it feels much better now with a definite power increase. I'm going to de snork it next to allow for better airflow, then I'll be on the exhaust hunt :)

Once I'd done the remap Ecu, I went for a blast around the evo triangle, it's a seriously well sorted and capable car and really shines on roads like those!

Didn't get a chance for any pics but I'll see if lee got any and post them up if so.

Who did the remap? softronic seems to work very well on gen 1's non DFI lump!

also where did you get the gt3/IPD kit?

A friend from Germany did it, he does all the high end cars using winol software and has done many caymans :)

I also checked the AFR to make sure it's right and it's bang on. Cost me a lot less than softronic too, what are friends for hey?!

Can't wait to see the Dyno graph now :)

the fuelling is normally very good and doesn't need touching just a little more ignition +2 ect

Yeh looking forward to it too, but I still need 2x of the 4x cats removing and a better exhaust!

Rev limiter is up from 7210 rpm to 7468 rpm too

I like the letterbox pics - will have to get some myself!

These Caymans (Caimans?!) really appeal to me.

Put some silvertech bulbs in the front and rear indicators today, smartens it up a bit and gets rid of the orange tint in the lights.

I'm hoping to get a dyno run soon, so I can see what power it's currently making and I'll have a better idea how restrictive the exhaust is.
Also looking into a smaller drive pulley that apparently does wonders, but not liking the fact they retain the original belt.

I've seen your Dyno!

When you ordering that exhaust then!

I told you, you will struggle for 40bhp gain

I've seen your Dyno!

When you ordering that exhaust then!

I told you, you will struggle for 40bhp gain

Well going by other peoples dyno results it's looks possible with the exhaust, but I'm not holding my breath put it that way!

already on the hunt for one, just can't find what I'm looking for at the moment!

Lovely looking Cayman S mate!!

Cheers buddy :)

:cool:

It's got just the right amount of 991/997 in the design. Lovely car. Mid engine ftw. I miss it.

Back