• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ste's phoenix yellow ek9

Hello there guys well what can i say this isn't going to be a very fast build just buying stuff as and when i can afford it the plan is to have an everyday car and be able to use it on the track aswell its going to be more suspension and chasis work more than engine mods. So far this is what the car has...

Spoon panel filter + tegiwa direct air intake ( resonator box removed )

Fujitsibu cat back exhaust system

believed to be j's racing coilovers they came with the car writing is all in japanese haha

nardi steering wheel

carbon bonnet

rear cusco strut brace

tegiwa front 3 point strut brace ( not fitted yet )

will leave you all with some pics on how the car is when i got it to how it is now hope you all like

IMG-20110619-00007.jpg
regprotect3-3.jpg
003.jpg
regprotect3-1.jpg
regprotect-6.jpg
IMG-20120129-00065.jpg

Drool. Forget those EP3 vs threads.

The EK9 is by far the most fun Type R to drive.

Not just on Forza either.

Drool. Forget those EP3 vs threads.

The EK9 is by far the most fun Type R to drive.

Not just on Forza either.

Think its personal prefrance realy my dad has an ep3 witch ive also driven think if you want top end speed go for the ep3 if you want acceleration go for ek9 but thats just me im sure there's more reasons to go for the ep3 or more reason to go for the ek9

Quite a few of us on here have experience / owned most if not all the Type R's. The ek9 isn't the fastest but I am sure fellow multi type r owners will agree its definitely the most fun.

Besides the EP3 with its lack of LSD doesn't count IMO.

Yes I had one. No I didn't like it. Yes I drove a DC5. No I didn't keep the EP3.

I swear if Lyns actually liked them, an EK9 would happily replace my ST this year. I have always loved them, you have a very nice mate :cool:

Thank you everyone for the nice comments absaloutly fell in love with the car when i saw it worked very hard for it and always puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it loads more stuff i would like to do to it but with a baby on the way its going to be slow process :(

Fantastic car and colour scheme. When are the black Spoon SW388's going on? ;)

Stunning mate, still would like an Ek9 if the change came around, b series engines are just so much fun to drive hard :)

really nice, another car im trying to convince my misses to like. Mostly she says but its an old car. Normally i say so what!! its the nuts!

hello everyone havent updated this in a while due to my daughter being born in about 7 weeks ! alot of money has been spent getting ready for her arrival but doesnt mean i havent been able to do some small things ;) First of all the track project has gone out the window i have decided that when i do track it i will track it as it is i have now decided to go for a more oem look and feel to the car as i want to keep it as orginal as possible with some of my taste here and there as these cars are getting so rare latly. First things first i have sold the carbon bonnet and put the old one back on seems to look better i think the money the money from the bonnet has gone to a new hks system i got put on today :) me and my mate have also started spraying odd bits in the engine bay and going to do the windscreen wiper arms just to tidy the car up abit realy also i am getting quotes to get some parts sprayed hopfuly should go in to paint and body next month. thats all realy here's some pics.

here's how she stands now with the old bonnet back on
protect.jpg

here's the bits we sprayed last weekend dont worry bout the rusty bolts going to get some new ones orderd from tegiwa ;)

Northampton-20120416-00017.jpg

Northampton-20120416-00016.jpg

Northampton-20120416-00018.jpg

new hks exhaust system !!

IMG-20120422-00019.jpg

Northampton-20120422-00021.jpg

Northampton-20120425-00025.jpg

Northampton-20120425-00027.jpg

regprotect-7.jpg

Really nice example you have there, good descision on keeping it oem:cool:.

I originally wanted a py '9', but stuck with my favourite colour in the end.

Looks really nice bud! Saw on Facebook how you're coming along with it.

Sorry I couldn't make it to the last local meet, Mrs wanted to go watch Hunger Fails so by the time that finished it was a bit too late to get down to Billing. I'll make sure I'll be down next time.

HKS exhaust looks nice :) I loved mine.

Simon.

Back