• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

sticky tape?

i need some good strong sticky tape for a set of carbon door sills i have.
any ideas guys?

I might be buying some of the Composite Guru made carbon sills from CTR Paul. Currently I have chrome sills on my facelift EP3 (not sure if these were standard on this car or not) does anyone know if the Comp. Guru sills will be a direct replacement i.e. just a case of removing the chrome ones and sticking the carbon ones on?

Thanks

by the sounds of it mate the chrome sill plates are not standard on the ep3.
so i would assume you should just have to remove them and stick the other ones on with tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also 3m sticky tape is good.

I used this for my carbon sills.

Mine needs to be replaced if im honest as there is a slight bit of play in it.

Its the same stuff they use for the number plates IIRC.

sticky tape

“Originally Posted by h.g.WhizTake some sticky tape and stick one end of the tape on a tableand a little ways away from the end of the tape, stick one of your fingernails onto the tape and have someone else unwind the roll really fast. It feels like your being electricuted. ”Its been well documented that unrolling cellotape generates static electricity,ill see if I can track something down, but ive seen some pretty cool low-light photos of it.

“Originally Posted by h.g.WhizTake some sticky tape and stick one end of the tape on a tableand a little ways away from the end of the tape, stick one of your fingernails onto the tape and have someone else unwind the roll really fast. It feels like your being electricuted. ”Its been well documented that unrolling cellotape generates static electricity,ill see if I can track something down, but ive seen some pretty cool low-light photos of it.

Back