• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Still good for track use?

Hi Guys,

Would you use it on track one more time, or is it too risky?
It seems like they were used with tyre pressure being too low or something... no cracks thought!

Going on track on Sunday, and I just realised that’s how my dry set of Toyos T1R looks like… other is uni rainsport 3 but its going to be mega dry :mad:

thanks!

WP_20160520_001.jpg

Could have been a puncture that has repaired. From how you've described them I'm guessing you don't know the history of them?

Bin personally. If you wouldn't use them on the road, you shouldn't use them on track when speeds therefore forces and heat are amplified.

Typical of a tyre like the T1-R being pushed too hard on track. They are too soft on the road for a Type R, I wouldn't dream of using them on track.

Thanks guys. Yeah I don't know the history of them.
Was thinking to perform a fatality on them this weekend, but you are right there would be some heavy pressure applied on... Don't want to hear a loud BOOM while flying on track!

cheers :lol:

Send 'em my way, i'll give them a proper sending off in the Skyline :twisted:

Back