• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stone's Fast Road/ Track EP3 Type R

Really nice thread mate, glad you've kept the car! Its looking really nice for a 130k+ CTR :)

Also, looks like I've found what alloys I want, although not sure how they would sit on a SS CTR.. Photoshop!

ashford, i've lived there all my life, moved to flackwell at the begining of the year, things have changed so i'll be back in ashford hopefully september time.

where abouts in staines are you? surprised i havnt seen you about before.

2 Minutes from Matthew Arnold School, You?

Some good shots there

Cheers mate, Really need to get some practice in at night but I guess they could have been alot worse lol!

Really nice thread mate, glad you've kept the car! Its looking really nice for a 130k+ CTR :)

Also, looks like I've found what alloys I want, although not sure how they would sit on a SS CTR.. Photoshop!

Thanks mate, Still drives & cleans up a treat for 135,000 miles ;)

The Evo wheels work really well with the EP3 and the off-set is just perfect, give's the car a really tidy look, With them in black I think it would be safe to say they would work best on all the EP3 colours but would imagine with the red wheel nuts they would look best on a Milano Red/pink

JP Back Box Fitted

Well after seeing a few Spoon N1 back box's at Japfest I decided it just wasn't the type of tip I wanted, Just looked far to small so ended up fitting a JP backbox with a 90mm tip, really pleased with the look & noise.

IMG_2209_zps57f49a9c.jpg

IMG_2210_zps38fa7ad9.jpg

IMG_2211_zpsf029265e.jpg

Few Iphone video's (Poor quality I'm afraid)

[video=youtube;HhOw7ZuPSCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOw7ZuPSCU[/video]

Ended up getting a few pictures upon our travels!

1-13_zps9a26a448.jpg

3-10_zps3db52769.jpg

4-9_zpsdffe0483.jpg

5-9_zps9ddfe262.jpg

7-9_zpsb2b465a8.jpg

6-9_zpsc999cc6a.jpg

Nice car mate what size are your wheels?

Looking good mate, nice clean subtle mods.

Mark: he's running evo wheels so they will be 17x8. I had them on my old ep3 and they really do look ace on the ep3!

Thanks guys, Still going strong as it continues to take the mileage in its stride :)

they are indeed the Evo 8 wheels, decided to run 215 tyres to give them a slight stretched look, really happy with them!

Haven't updated the thread since the summer but it has only been general maintenance more than anything, Started paintwork treatment -

DSC03602_zpsda9f871d.jpg

Roof before ;

DSC03604_zpsd5e2c463.jpg

Roof after ;

DSC03612_zps5b8b589d.jpg

Finished Item ;

IMG_2656_zpsdf6ada59.jpg

Also fitted a new set of front Brembo Discs & pads along with another oil & filter service a few months back ;

IMG_2752_zps7f3827e8.jpg

Undecided on the car's future as with the latest present to myself I'm not getting the most out of the EP3 ;

IMG_2914_zpsd0073431.jpg

Sadly with the high mileage on the EP3 I know I will have to break it for parts to get my money back :(

NO..dont sell it LOL! yOU WILL MISS IT! Stone.....great thread from start to present. The EVO rims look good and stands out from the rest. The steering wheel done over looks great as well, think i will go the same route. Great pictures...

The Pioneer head unit that you have.....How do you find it? Im looking to that same option as the Mis's loves her tunes and at the same we use navi everywhere.

NO..dont sell it LOL! yOU WILL MISS IT! Stone.....great thread from start to present. The EVO rims look good and stands out from the rest. The steering wheel done over looks great as well, think i will go the same route. Great pictures...

The Pioneer head unit that you have.....How do you find it? Im looking to that same option as the Mis's loves her tunes and at the same we use navi everywhere.

Thanks mate :)

Yea I know "if" I do sell it I wouldn't get another like it again, Was cracking on with some Christmas shopping last week and parked up in town & a standard Type R had parked up next to me when I returned (type R friend lol) and they just don't do anything for me in standard form, mine just looked so much more aggressive & unique as there are so many EP3's round my way.. All it really needs to finish it off is a Jackson Racing Super Charger kit, fitted one for a friend in the summer, they should all just leave the factory like that power wise!

Also happy to report that over 140k on the clock now the oil still remains clean and doesn't require oil tops between it's 6,000 mile oil services & power feel's as good as the day I bought it, Really show's if looked after the K20a really is a solid unit that can handle the mileage effortlessly.

Head unit is really good, Bluetooth music streaming is just so easy & ideal along with the blue tooth hands free kit, Would happily buy one again! The only down side is I no longer have an Iphone 4 and the Iphone 5 lightning port won't work correctly with the screen out setup that I was originally using so no sat-nav on the head unit now..

Nice bike that mate! You do any trackdays? Welcome to bob along with us if you fancy one.

i wouldn't sell the car personally, it's easy to overlook the time you've invested to it and get tempted by another car or the easier life of a more basic car, but you will miss it and end up doing it all over again!
(I wish I hadn't sold the S2000)
Thanks guys, Still going strong as it continues to take the mileage in its stride :)

they are indeed the Evo 8 wheels, decided to run 215 tyres to give them a slight stretched look, really happy with them!

Haven't updated the thread since the summer but it has only been general maintenance more than anything, Started paintwork treatment -

DSC03602_zpsda9f871d.jpg

Roof before ;

DSC03604_zpsd5e2c463.jpg

Roof after ;

DSC03612_zps5b8b589d.jpg

Finished Item ;

IMG_2656_zpsdf6ada59.jpg

Also fitted a new set of front Brembo Discs & pads along with another oil & filter service a few months back ;

IMG_2752_zps7f3827e8.jpg

Undecided on the car's future as with the latest present to myself I'm not getting the most out of the EP3 ;

IMG_2914_zpsd0073431.jpg

Sadly with the high mileage on the EP3 I know I will have to break it for parts to get my money back :(

Nice bike that mate! You do any trackdays? Welcome to bob along with us if you fancy one.

i wouldn't sell the car personally, it's easy to overlook the time you've invested to it and get tempted by another car or the easier life of a more basic car, but you will miss it and end up doing it all over again!
(I wish I hadn't sold the S2000)

Have done car track days but never on the bike, Got a few months on the bike before this damp weather set in so looking to try Brands or Snett 300 when the dry weather returns next year :) A friend who races R6's and replaces his tires every race has donated me a set of Pirelli Super Corsa tyres so looking forward to trying them on track, have currently done around 500 road miles on them and they seem great so far! What tracks do you guys attend through out the year? Ideally want to fit a 44 tooth rear sprocket as its to long geared as standard and fit a set of ASV short levers, Used to riding short levers from years back so have always changed previous bikes over

All depends if a company car becomes an option as it would be pointless keeping the EP3 if I have the bike as the "weekend toy" but I know there would be part of me that would regret it, Always become attached to things when the hours have gone into it lol

TYPE R FRIEND:D! LOL.....Yes you right mate, if you look after them and keep a hand on it, they keep going and perform, pretty much look after you at the end of the day, lol! I can imagine the supercharger unit being more reliable than a turbo, so off the floor production would have been a good idea.

So the sat-nav only works with the phone then?

Sad to hear you may be getting rid James. I keep checking in to see how she's getting on. You've got a good one there, and still looks fantastic thanks to your hard work.

Sad to hear you may be getting rid James. I keep checking in to see how she's getting on. You've got a good one there, and still looks fantastic thanks to your hard work.

The replacement car has now arrived & the engine has been listed on ebay so assume it won't be long till it will be stripped down :( tried selling it on complete but I think it's going to be stripped realistically.. really has been a cracking car with plenty of good drives through out my ownership, with the GSXR and moving out at the end of the year changes need to happen so it can't stay unfortunately.

If anyones interested in parts drop me a pm and I'll get back in touch when I begin breaking it! The coilovers & Mugen spoiler are provisionally sold but I will confirm this week.

Shame to break it James, but needs must. If the spoiler buyer pulls out drop me a pm I'll come collect it sameday mate.

whats the replacement car?

It's a shame to see this car broken, you've put a lot of effort into it, but I understand. I may take a couple bits off you if/when you do break it!

Back