• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stoptec brakes

moNoKnoT said:
Hey Guys,

Anyone have any information on their ST-10 Parking Break Caliper?

ST10.jpg

If I went through with the big break conversion I'd want to do the rear's as well because they'll look stupidly small in comparison (IMO).

With their above caliper, does this mean that you can do a big brake conversion on the rears and install this additional caliper each side for the parking break facility?

- Kevin.

Yes if you did do the rears you would need the parking brake caliper as well unless the rear kit had an integral parking drum within the rear disc. AFAIK Stoptech don't do a rear kit for the CTR though. You may have to contact them and find out.

You could always do what I did though and buy tge Powerslot/AEM big disc kit for the rear :wink:

moNoKnoT said:
Hey Guys,

Anyone have any information on their ST-10 Parking Break Caliper?

ST10.jpg

If I went through with the big break conversion I'd want to do the rear's as well because they'll look stupidly small in comparison (IMO).

With their above caliper, does this mean that you can do a big brake conversion on the rears and install this additional caliper each side for the parking break facility?

- Kevin.

But bear in mind that by increasing the braking force at the rear wil alter the brake balance quite considerably and could end to the rears trying to lock up?

The AEM big brake kit is a good option as the discs are larger but it keeps the OEM rear calliper so helps fill the wheels better?

I didnt think AEM made the kit now?

I just would have been nice to make it look like a proper set really, ie stoptec all round.

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
I didnt think AEM made the kit now?

I just would have been nice to make it look like a proper set really, ie stoptec all round.

- Kevin.

It's sold by powerslot now IIRC :)

Powerslot in the Us noe make the AEM disks they do all the Big disk conversion kits

Tarticus said:
Powerslot in the Us noe make the AEM disks they do all the Big disk conversion kits

Correct, Unit 8 can supply them. Stevie sourced my rear kit for me.

CTR said:
I never had a problem with this - ever :? :?

The only problem I had was some numpty at Kwik Fit not taking his time to put the wheel on slowly and he fouled the caliper slightly, other than that there was more than enough room between the wheel and caliper, something like 2mm IIRC and there's no way the caliper would expand that much, not unless it was made of mercury.

I have 2mm between StopTech caliper and stock wheels too, and after 30minutes on tracks, I heard a noise.
I stop my car, and the caliper touched the wheels.
I will take a picture.

menfou said:
CTR said:
I never had a problem with this - ever :? :?

The only problem I had was some numpty at Kwik Fit not taking his time to put the wheel on slowly and he fouled the caliper slightly, other than that there was more than enough room between the wheel and caliper, something like 2mm IIRC and there's no way the caliper would expand that much, not unless it was made of mercury.

I have 2mm between StopTech caliper and stock wheels too, and after 30minutes on tracks, I heard a noise.
I stop my car, and the caliper touched the wheels.
I will take a picture.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? crikey

Hi
Had these on my car for two years now , i use pagid yellow ceramics pads and the standard wheels , the car only does track days and ive never had a problem except for the wheel centres melting out , i would highly recommend stoptech with the uprated pads
Thanks shocker

Managed to blag a session at Donnington today, used it to get used to the brakes 12 laps of slamming them on, no problems although the wheels did get so hot you could not touch them, good to meet up with Johnny & Ollie

Sounds like you're having a blast with em Paul :wink: 8)

I'm now missing em more than ever :cry:

Liam

They are amazing, can't understand why I did not do it sooner, 100 - 0, is much quicker than 0 - 100, although at this rate will need some new discs soon :oops:

Just like the feeling of stomping on the brakes, great coming down the back straight at Donnington and stepping on the brakes from 130+ mph to get round the chicane

Well now need new discs, need to find a supplier for new stoptech discs. The vanes have completley gone on mine

As HASNIC said Paul, Abbey Motorsport (01883 732 331) or you can get replacements direct from Stoptech.

I'm surprised at the rate at which you've gone throuth them too, then again how many track days have they seen lately??

You may want to look at the pads you are using, some may be kinder to the discs.

They have completed six track days, plus seven days of Euro tour which was like doing a track day everyday

Back