• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strange Sound

Hey guys i hope someone on here can help me out on this. I've got an 03ep3 ctr that's done roughly 65k give or take a few miles. Recently i've noticed that around 50mph+ there's a strange sound that sounds like a rolling road does on the wind down. :confused:

I don't think it's the gear box because it continues when i disengage the gears and put in neutral. It's really annoying me now and i'm really hoping it's something quite simple and not going to cost the earth to put right

If anyone has any advice it would be gratefully received, thanks in advance.

Have you checked your disc and pads? They might replacing. Civic's do make a fair bit of road noise.

Hi mate, Jack the car up and give the wheels a good spin. Check if any of the tyres are out of shape or badly worn on the inside edges that could possibly be causing the noise.

Hi mate, Jack the car up and give the wheels a good spin. Check if any of the tyres are out of shape or badly worn on the inside edges that could possibly be causing the noise.

It won't be the tyres i've only just recently but new boots on all corners but ta for the advice

na not the end of the world. i don't know the specifics about the assembly of a civic hub nor am i a mechanic. some cars i believe you can replace the worn out bit inside it, some cars force you to just buy a whole new wheel hub. if you buy a whole hub its standard swap of parts, but if you have to replace the worn components inside then the garage charges more in labour time as it is a bitch to get hub out.

i would expect 1-2 hous labour + parts which on most cars are £50-£100 for a hub? max?

id wait for one of the experts to reply.

After recently enquiring for my car you can get hold of hubs from scrap yards of relativly new cars for around £100 delivered, this will include a new bearing. On the civic it is possible to press out the bearing and change it but a new one from honda is £146 IIRC

Back