• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strange turn in issue

Bit of an odd one this - if I go round a corner enthusiastically, my handbrake light comes on.

Is there anything obvious that would cause this, or is my car trying to subconsciously encourage some asbo driving?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loose connection somewhere? If it's electrics Jack, get it checked man, be safe not sorry.

Not sure if it works the same way but my mums Fiat Punto did this for ages and her garage couldn't diagnose it. While i gave the car a full service in the summer i topped up her brake fluid resevoir as it was a little low and the light hasn't come back on since when the handbrake is off.

It may be totaly different but worth a check.

Loose connection somewhere? If it's electrics Jack, get it checked man, be safe not sorry.

The sense of danger is half the fun!

Not sure if it works the same way but my mums Fiat Punto did this for ages and her garage couldn't diagnose it. While i gave the car a full service in the summer i topped up her brake fluid resevoir as it was a little low and the light hasn't come back on since when the handbrake is off.

Nice, (eventual) simple fixes ftw. I'll have a goosey next week.

not sure if they are the same warning light but check your brake fluid level, I know on some cars they are the same warning light.

didn't read all of stu's post :)

Back