• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strange Vibrating/hissing sound

Just started yesterday after teh North weald activity day.

When im just cruising along if stationary and rev the engine there is a strange tinny vibrating sound.

Not too sure what it is, teh only thing I can think off is a heatsheild loose somewhere? Any thoughts?

Harvey said:

When im just cruising along if stationary and rev the engine there is a strange tinny vibrating sound.

Not too sure what it is, teh only thing I can think off is a heatsheild loose somewhere? Any thoughts?

Heatshield I'd of thought mate.

Good luck :wink:

Well we did find a Honda bolt lying on the tarmac, sorta size you get in the subframe/engine mounts :shock:

As your engine hasn't fallen out it cant be yours :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sara said:
Well we did find a Honda bolt lying on the tarmac, sorta size you get in the subframe/engine mounts :shock:

As you're engine hasn't fallen out it cant be yours :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock:

Well im booked in at TGM now to get my brakes sorted a service and to fix all the noises that appeared yesterday.

Well this was really p1ssing me off so I stopped at TGM today and Tom got the car up and had a look, it was indeed a heatshield. Its now all sorted and Tom didn't even charge me!!!

Thumbs up to TGM yet again

Harvey said:
Well this was really p1ssing me off so I stopped at TGM today and Tom got the car up and had a look, it was indeed a heatshield. Its now all sorted and Tom didn't even charge me!!!

Thumbs up to TGM yet again

Must have missed you Harvey was there this morning.

Why oh why do I live sooooo far from TGM. I needs him expert hands (ON MY CAR!!!!)

Still, I think I might have found me an ATR expert closer to home 8)

Glad you got your car sorted fella :)

jerry3167 said:
:shock: What sort of HEATSHIELD? I got the same problem sound!!

Jerry :shock:

manifold or something stops the heat getting to some bearings on the axle (or something like that). You need the car up to take it off.

Get your car to TGM Jerry. Tom will sort it

Harvey said:

Cruising along and stationary :lol: ???

Harvey said:
jerry3167 said:
:shock: What sort of HEATSHIELD? I got the same problem sound!!

Jerry :shock:

manifold or something stops the heat getting to some bearings on the axle (or something like that). You need the car up to take it off.

Get your car to TGM Jerry. Tom will sort it

from whats been said it sounds like the heat sheild that covers the o/s drive shaft were it comes out of the gearbox. I have the same problem just cant be bothered gettig it fixed.

Back