• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stuart's Cosmic EP3, Picture update

Right guys. I've been on this forum for just under a year now and slowly all the mods have been adding up so i thought it about time to write up a thread.

This thread will come in waves until i catch up with where i am as there is a lot to write and i just don't have 6 hours free.

Bought the car in January 2008. It's on a 05 plate and had 21,000 miles on the clock. Bought it from a Honda dealer and looking at the prices now has depreciated massively. But hey it's my Type R and love it.
2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After 2 months of having it i decided it was time to get an exhaust. Didn't want anything to fancy as money was tight.

Went to Custome Crome Racing in nuneaton and had a 4 inch slash cut made up.

2A.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sounded great when it was on. Not too loud so perfect for motorway driving but when you opened it up made a awesome rasp.

This lasted until October 2008 when i first decided to heavily modify my car, so hence decided to up grade.

5.jpg

6.jpg

On went the spoon and i haven't looked back since.:twisted:

So next. It was time to get an airfilter. Wasn't too knowledgeable on these at this point but a friend had told me the HKS filters were really raspey and i should look into them.

Found one going on ebay for cheap so i thought what the hell. Turns out i probably should of read some threads first but never mind, we learn from our mistakes.

By the way thou it does sound awesome.

8.jpg

7.jpg

After reading a few threads thought it best to do something about this heat soak which i don't know how much it affects the car because it still goes like stink.

A friend who works on leman cars gave me a few bits and so i decided to see what i could create.

After about 3 hours work this is what i came up with.

15.jpg
Basically i removed one of the front fog lights and fitted a cone behind it.

8a.jpg

Then ran a pipe (which was too short so used 2) up through the wheel arch and into the bay through the whole behind the battery.

10a.jpg

11.jpg

The bottom is attached to the chassis with a small bolt to stop it from moving which does the job.
9a.jpg

All in all i doubt it makes much of a difference but it was free and i was bored.
At least no one else has one :)

Next stage was to look for a Spoon B-pipe but at over £400 i decided to look for an alternative. Supersprint seemed to be the next obvious choice.
Great service from Motorsport world. Very quick and efficient, just a shame it came with a couple of dents in the silencer. At least it's not the main pipe i thought.

Off with the old.
18.jpg

On with the new.
16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Took me ages to fit this. Mainly because i managed to round one of the bolts connecting to the Cat. #-o
Oh well. Quick trip down to the local garage and jobs a gooden.

Yes i no, still learning from my mistakes. :oops:

Needed a set of new tyres and after a good two weeks of searching the forum came to the conclusion the parada's seemed to be a good bet. Me being me though thought it might be a good time to get some wheels as well and get a better deal.

Tyres were going to set me back £430 on thier own so for an extra £400 i managed to get a set from Rarerims.co.uk

Bargin i thought.
20.jpg

Oh dear, circuits with split rims. Not quite to my taste.
So due to me being very impatient decided to drive to exeter from Reading.

It was worth it.
21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Extremely happy with these.

Looks nice, although I must say I prefer the circuit 10's - that's not to say the Torques aren't are nice design though.. keep up the progress :cool:

car looks amazing mate! Cosmic is the future ;) .....where abouts are you from because i live about 5mins away from Custom Chrome........and a slighty silly question - how the hell did u put your pics on so they come up like that because its doing my head in! haha!

I live in Reading. Miles from nuneaton. Just i use to live in Kettering so it wasn't too far.
It took me ages to figure out too. You need to read the thread on 's
[url]http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode[/url]

Yeah i've got loads more to type up but just haven't got the time at the moment.

Don't worry thought it'll all be up soon.

nice car mate, love the rota Torques. never seen anybody else with the hks filter, probley a reason why :lol:, only thing it's good for is the sound it makes :twisted:

nice car mate, love the rota Torques. never seen anybody else with the hks filter, probley a reason why :lol:, only thing it's good for is the sound it makes :twisted:

Well, when i was looking round for a filter i was trying to find a picture of it and couldn't so thought well at least i'll be a first haha.

hopefully changing to the aem cai soon so you will be the only one again, think i will miss the sound it makes though

Back